Keeping track of your project

help lua

2 replies to this topic

#1 exosceleton

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUmm... Mars.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

I've been working on a project of mine, and I wanted to share my way of tracking how my project is going, Bugs that need fixing and Features that need implementing.

First, I made myself a Dashboard.
Posted Image

Then I added signs. One task per sign.
Posted Image Posted Image

You may notice, that some of the text is colored! :rolleyes: I use this mostly to indicate at what stage the BugFix/Feature/Addition is. (Future Project,In Progress,Imidiate Attention,Done,Empty)
This will explain how its done, and I recomened you use the NBTEdit mod.

If you want to see how much you're progressing- every time you finish a task and the sign is green, copy it, and put it in a designated area.
This will provide you with a physical indication of how far you've gone, and how many tasks you finished!
Posted Image

Feal free to post how you keep track of your progress :)

Edited by exosceleton, 01 November 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#2 TheRockettek

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

if i waa making a program and i released it on the forum then i would put it like pn the thread in a spoiler as if it gets long it doesnt make the thread too long (and make lyqyd happy). It would also technically be more accessable as instead of like leaving the computer and checking on the board, you can just have it in another tab. And also if it was a team project all of the people dont have to be in that world...

#3 exosceleton

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUmm... Mars.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

Oh sure, thats cool as well. :P
Each to his own choice, I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users