[MC 1.8.9] Computers don't start, even when right-clicked.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Simmotipo

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

I recently discovered that when computers are unloaded or the world is saved and closed, when you reload them, they don't turn on. Even right-clicking them just opens up the monitor with nothing but a blank screen, and pressing the terminate shortcut doesn't work. This effects all computers regardless of whether they or on or not.

Interestingly, if they are only unloaded, but the world isn't closed, then on returning to/reloading them, they appear to be off and unresponsive, however I discovered using a constant rednet broadcast that they were actually still running.

I don't know whether this is related, but the computers are also hollow- as in you can walk through them.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:03 AM

CC version? SSP/SMP? Forge logs?

#3 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

Are you sure you're not using ComputerCraft 1.80pr0 (for Minecraft 1.9.4/1.10.2)? This is a known bug for this version.

#4 MissingChromie

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

[MC 1.7.10] Only posting this because someone above requested forge logs which makes me assume (against the rules) that to some degree there is partial investigation into mod pack issues along side computer craft.

I don't have any server logs, the issue does not produce any error messages that are visible to me.
I am playing on 1.7.10 Crack Pack SMP. I had a set up that ran a script that I named startup so that when I leave the chunk / come back the computer will resume its task without me having to manually restart it.

All the program does it write to a monitor and connect to a big reactors computer port and take data from it continuously.

I went to add a feature to the script and went to force shutdown the script via CTRL + T and the terminal went blank.

It would appear that all computers in all dimensions are unresponsive, I have attempted to restart them via hotkeys but to no avail.

Any info or pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading this. :)

~Also I apologize if I have broken any rules, I don't know where else to ask this.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

Unfortunately there's not much we can do from here; normally I'd tell you to try and replicate the issue without Big Reactors, but really troubleshooting this is a job for whoever's running your Minecraft server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users