25 replies to this topic

#21 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

View PostCLNinja, on 17 July 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostDave-ee Jones, on 17 July 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

People be holdin' on to MC out of sentimental reasons be silly.

I don't think this is silly at all.

It's a game that many people have shared in good times or bad and have helped out a lot of people with getting rid of stress, finding friends, etc. so I don't think holding on to the game for sentimental reasons is silly.

Yes but it's also for this reason that people can't move on, they can't leave things behind so they become stuck in this little world of "everything will be alright as long as I keep playing MC..". It's not healthy at all. Sure, it's fun to play older games with friends for sentimental reasons every now and then, but holding onto it that much is a little bit too much..

Not to mention it's also caused stress and grief for people as well, so it doesn't just go one way of "MC made everyone happy".

#22 PeculiarPineTreePlays

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

I am by no means a pro at ComputerCraft, but I do think it's important to get new players to enjoy it.

I enjoy ComputerCraft, and so I'm doing a YouTube series which is based around it. Hopefully people who are new to the mod will become interested and try it out!
(That's a goal of mine, I don't do it as well as I'd like to, but hopefully people will pickup the mod and enjoy it anyways.)

#23 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

What I don't really understand is why everyone is moannig about the mod not being used in multiplayer. I mean, I sort of get it. Multiplayer is supposed to be fun to some people or something. But it's hardly the be all and end all of uses for minecraft. And for me at least CC has always been the mod I want in my singleplayer world where I can devote tens of hours to fine tweaking my automated turtle warehouse or some such. If I am playing multiplayer that's not something I can do because I want to use my time to actually interact with those multiple players instead.

Than again I am an actual programmer IRL and using computercraft in order to bring the thing I love most into minecraft so my vision might be skewed.

#24 EveryOS

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOver there ->

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

I myself love computer-craft. I use mc 1.7.10, but you should add support to 1.12.0

#25 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostEveryOS, on 04 December 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I myself love computer-craft. I use mc 1.7.10, but you should add support to 1.12.0

The mod is already compatible with 1.12.0 but there's no release yet.

If you want to get the newest version see this and this.

#26 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostLuca_S, on 04 December 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

The mod is already compatible with 1.12.0 but there's no release yet.

If you want to get the newest version see this and this.

While this is true for proper builds of it, if you want most of the features of CCTweaks as well, you can install
CCTweaked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users