When will we see CC

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Programmer

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationA CPU some where in Bolton, UK

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Hello, since dan decided to focus on his life path, CC has died, i know we have people working on it but when will we see CC Mod in a upto date modpack?

#2 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

I can't speak for the creators of mod packs, but I suspect ComputerCraft would have to be marked as beta or release (rather than it's current alpha) before being included in any major mod packs. There's at least one "relatively major" mod pack with it bundled.

I don't know if you've had a read of this thread, which discusses things in much more detail.

#3 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

On the plus side, if you are like me and don't care about multiplayer (or if you run your own server) CC is relatively easy to add to a modpack manually on account of the fact that it adds very few custom items so ID hunting is not a big deal.

#4 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostPurple, on 08 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

On the plus side, if you are like me and don't care about multiplayer (or if you run your own server) CC is relatively easy to add to a modpack manually on account of the fact that it adds very few custom items so ID hunting is not a big deal.

Kinda off-topic: there's no need to "hunt IDs" at all nowadays AFAIK because Minecraft moved from numbers to strings as id

#5 Stekeblad

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

I make modpacks for me and a friend to play and it was years since id conflicts was a problem. Nowadays is having to configure ore gen to not have 4-5 different copper ore a larger problem.

#6 CLNinja

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostStekeblad, on 09 December 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

I make modpacks for me and a friend to play and it was years since id conflicts was a problem. Nowadays is having to configure ore gen to not have 4-5 different copper ore a larger problem.

Oredictionary is great for that. If the mods register with OD then any copper can be used in any recipe that needs copper.

#7 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostCLNinja, on 09 December 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostStekeblad, on 09 December 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

Oredictionary is great for that. If the mods register with OD then any copper can be used in any recipe that needs copper.

You still end up with several different items that are functionally identical but don't stack, and generate more than they should

#8 Purple

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dark, looking at the pretty lights with dreams of things I can not have.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostH4X0RZ, on 09 December 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

View PostPurple, on 08 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Kinda off-topic: there's no need to "hunt IDs" at all nowadays AFAIK because Minecraft moved from numbers to strings as id
I forgot about that. I keep my game (well the modded version) at 1.7.1 due to various mods not updating.

As for the ore thing I find that a good way to deal with it is to take a modpack that overlaps with your wishes, typically one of the technical packs (in case of ores) and than download that and just remove the mods you don't like and add those you want, keeping their config files.

My own custom brew is based off IIRC feed the beast or tekkit or something, I forget.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users