ComputerCraft Battle Network [WIP] - Over 70 battlechips! Modem/Skynet multiplayer! More or less faithful to the GBA games!

1 reply to this topic

#1 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:50 AM

Posted Image

With 72 battlechips so far!

(Man! You'd think I'd move onto Love2D!)

Download the game with:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LDDestroier/CCBN/master/ccbn-autoextract.lua
Then run the auto-extractor:
ccbn-autoextract.lua ccbn
That will extract to "ccbn/". Run the game with ccbn/ccbn.lua. The game can also be moved out of that directory.
For netplay using Skynet (HTTP), use the skynet argument (so run "ccbn.lua skynet")

Ever want to play Megaman Battle Network, but...um...?

WELL NOW YOU CAN

Introducing ComputerCraft Battle Network, a modem slash Skynet (HTTP) multiplayer versus game where you and a friend (or partner) can square off against one another in the battle system of one of the best action RPGs on the Gameboy Advance!

Duke it out on a 6x3 grid of panels, each of which can be broken, set on fire, turned to sand, completely poisoned, and outright stolen from your enemy! (with the right battlechip)

Master panel ownership and use quick reflexes to not miss

Default Controls:
  • [Arrow Key] - Move your character.
  • [Z] or [Zed] - Fire the MegaBuster.
  • [X] - Use the currently selected battlechip.
  • [C] - When the custom bar is full, open up the chip selection screen.

Fire attacks at the enemy until their HP drops to 0! I don't think that's so obtuse.

If you need help with the mechanics, the game comes with additional HOW TO PLAY instructions on the main menu.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

The game doesn't run super well on SwitchCraft, but it is what I'd call """"playable"""". Give it a shot if it looks fun.

#2 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

I've had a little bit of trouble actually finding anyone to play with (tabbing between two CCEmuX windows doesn't quite work :)), but I've gotta say this is super impressive. The artwork is pretty fancy, it runs smoothly, and it's a pretty nice idea for a game.

I'm always very impressed when people implement networked games - doing it over websockets and rednet is even better! Kudos.

View PostLDDestroier, on 18 March 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

(Man! You'd think I'd move onto Love2D!)
I feel ya on this one.

Edited by SquidDev, 19 March 2019 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users