More Programming Languages?

8 replies to this topic

#1 rockymc

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

I just wanted to request or give an suggestion to whoever is the owner of the mod here (his name) to allow multiple coding languages in the mod. Such as: Java, C#, VB, .NET and else. Then, you'd have different computers for different languages, like: I want to code in Java, so my PC is working with Java, not LUA.

#2 Kaleb702

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Um... no.
The amount of work that would take, for little benefit (Lua is very easy to learn) makes it counter-productive, and it splits development into many more sections, which will increase the delays.

Just... no.

#3 rockymc

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well, I was thinking about Java. It's easy. But you can choose wether to code in Java or Lua.

#4 Casper7526

OG of CC

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

For dan to implement another language it would basically be a whole other mod. I'm 99.9% sure this will never happen. HOWEVER using the 1.3 API you could prolly make something resembling "programming" in another language.

#5 rockymc

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

I had an extremely hard-to-code idea: code Java into Lua.

When 1.3 is coming out?

#6 Casper7526

OG of CC

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Mon-Thur most likely.

#7 tehdetox

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Pascal would be cool language to include.

why?

its easy, similar syntax and of course, nostalgic purposes ;)/>

I understand that other languages probably will never be integrated with CC due to the amount of work, but just throwing it out there ;)/>

#8 Selkitty

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Seriously, I'm having enough trouble with getting lua to work, I dont need to learn other coding languages too just so I can modify one program or another o.o;

#9 tehdetox

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well you wouldnt have to. Use one or the other ;)/>

And like i said, it probably would never get implemented as LUA is perfect for what its meant to do in minecraft. just thought it would be cool ;)/>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users