Hiding GUI?

5 replies to this topic

#1 KaBooMa

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Is it possible to turn off the terminal GUI or something so that I can play stuff on a huge monitor? I made a game and it looks nice on a 3x3 monitor but the GUI in the terminal is there. Is there a way to disable it or something to get rid of it?

#2 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

use tem.clear() to clear the screen or just use term.redirect(peripheral.wrap(side)) and then it will show anything that would show on the terminal on the monitor instead

#3 chriskevini

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

KaoS, on 10 August 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

use tem.clear() to clear the screen or just use term.redirect(peripheral.wrap(side)) and then it will show anything that would show on the terminal on the monitor instead

I think he meant he wanted to play something on the monitor but the terminal GUI is in the way, as in the monitor is behind it

#4 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

If so, then he wants the wireless remote control peripheral, so he can control his game without being stuck on the computer. Or he can wire up some fancy redstone to tell the computer what the inputs are.

#5 KaBooMa

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Haha I was reading your sig thinking it was some example code. Then I realized what it was ;)/>
Ya basically I am asking for a way to control a program(like a game) without the computer GUI(terminal GUI) being there. Basically I could walk around and it would allow me to use the arrow keys to control whatever or even just having the gui gone and a little thing I look at/right click and can use the keys to control something would be amazing. I have a game that would play on a 3x3 monitor setup perfectly for this.

You talking about the wireless remote control peripheral. Can you show me how exactly that works? Thanks in advance :(/>

#6 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Never used it, but there's a thread for it in the peripherals section. http://www.computerc...-giant-monitor/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users