[CC 1.41] Lettuce's Improved Land-Clearing Program

turtle

10 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this program? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being perfect, do you like this program?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you use the previous program?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lettuce

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationIn your fridge.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hello World! With some help and a lot of debugging by luanub, we have updated my land-clearing program! It cuts grass now! For those of you who aren't familiar with it, here's a rundown:

This program is for ComputerCraft 1.41. It will not work in 1.3, and is unknown to work in 1.42, though it probably does. It will clear an area with military precision, in a user-specified area. It may leave the ceiling of houses though, which is due to its movements, conserving time and fuel.

It will place a torch, destroy it, and move on. If it cannot place said torch, it places cobble or dirt in the perceived hole. This means it destroys all transparent blocks beneath it. It will then check above it, and if there is something above it, it destroys it.

This program is potent, it will level a mountain if you set it upon it. Once you get used to its movements, it is quite predictable. I hope you enjoy. As ever, if you have any feedback, or have encountered any bugs, please tell me!

Spoiler

--Lettuce

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Awesome code!
I would suggest uploading to pastebin and putting the code in spoiler tags.

#3 skraginator

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

What is the getFuellevel for? I was getting an error about a nil value, I was thinking it was the turtle.select(16) since turtles dont have 16 slots.. I'll put all the code back in a try again, the server I'm on doesn't have support for loading pastebin files.

ok put the code back in as you pasted it. when i try to run it asks width and length then after i input it gives me 'flatten:51: attempt to call nil

#4 Lettuce

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Human 0303, glad ya like it! First program upload. I've never used pastebin, and I don't know how to use spoiler tags. If you tell me how, I will.

skraginator, updated my post, I forgot to mention it's for 1.4. Just backup your custom programs and update CC to 1.4, which works for minecraft 1.2.5, or delete all things related to fuel. Then this should work fine.

#5 skraginator

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Blargh! server isnt updated to support 1.4 :P/>

#6 mtemple12

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just edit out the getFuelLevel calls. Should work just fine :(/>

#7 flashy99

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

When I run this, it works for a little while but always stops long before it's finished. There's still plenty of fuel in it, and inventory slots are available. It's not because the chunk is unloading, because I've stood next to the turtle the entire time and watched it work until at some point it just freezes and sits there in mid-air.

#8 Lettuce

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

As this has been updated to version 2.0, I am bumping it. I didn't want to open a new thread for an update.

#9 doctorwhofan92

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:53 PM

Is there any chance this will be updated to work with the current(1.12.2) version of computercraft?

#10 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

View Postdoctorwhofan92, on 30 April 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is there any chance this will be updated to work with the current(1.12.2) version of computercraft?

OP hasn't logged in since 2015 so I rather doubt they will respond.

#11 LDDestroier

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationACDC Town

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

I don't know what you mean. This program seems to work just fine in 1.12.2. Just tested in the SwitchCraft technic pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users