[Event] Castle War?

69 replies to this topic

#61 etopsirhc

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

dammit why now D= * trying to get tekkit to launch properly*

ok tekkit launched ... but why is their no one on the server and (guessing) no one whitelisted?

#62 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Server is up, I think 2 of the 17 people who asked to join are on the server?

If you're keen and just reading this we'll probably hang out for a little while- I'll be on the IRC if you want to join in.

NF

#63 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

So we had a match, a few people turned up and it was great fun (I lost yet again!) but the lack of interest and numbers means my ambitions to turn this into a bit of a sport here on the forums have been put to rest, and there are no future plans to hold another event.

To that end, I've stuck the basic rules and how to play on the front page of the forum, so if you want to have a game with some friends you can- and if you do, record it and post it on youtube (you should post it here too), I'd love to see it! The game is great fun so if you're short a player send me an email and I'd love to join in.

Thanks for everyone's interest, and happy turtanking!

-Nitrogen Fingers

#64 bwochinski

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Wow that's too bad. Not what I was hoping to hear. Still wouldn't mind video though!

I still would love to try a game sometime as well!

#65 etopsirhc

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

aww D= i was hoping for more turtle carnage/ that was fun
especially stealing your turtle as you were programming it XD

#66 Lettuce

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationIn your fridge.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

That's a real shame. I wish I could have made it for the first and apparently only turtanking tournament. It seems most of us happened to have plans that night, could you host one more, there may be a better tun out. I had plans, my team-mate did, and it seems several more interested people as well. You have 60+ replies, after all. Besides which, the forum is pretty young, without a large base, so I'm sure 10 or more people is actually a decent turn-out, it just doesn't seem that big.

Tell your friends, everyone! Maybe if we can get a bunch of people interested Nitrogen Fingers will change his mind! I really want to see this take off, especially since I couldn't join. :)/>

#67 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostLettuce, on 01 October 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

That's a real shame. I wish I could have made it for the first and apparently only turtanking tournament. It seems most of us happened to have plans that night, could you host one more, there may be a better tun out. I had plans, my team-mate did, and it seems several more interested people as well. You have 60+ replies, after all. Besides which, the forum is pretty young, without a large base, so I'm sure 10 or more people is actually a decent turn-out, it just doesn't seem that big.

Tell your friends, everyone! Maybe if we can get a bunch of people interested Nitrogen Fingers will change his mind! I really want to see this take off, especially since I couldn't join. :)/>

Thanks for the feedback guys, the people we played it with had a lot of fun and it's buoyed my spirits to give it another go. I do have many more ideas especially for arenas so perhaps it's worth giving it another shot. I quote Lettuce here because if a few people seem interested I could probably be convinced to run another :(/>

Thanks again for all your feedback!

#68 Darva

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I would have loved to get in on this, sadly, I always work saturdays, and things like this always seem to happen on saturdays. :)/>

#69 random987654321

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

This thread looks kind of dead since the last post was September but if there is another Turtanking event Let me know and I might be able to show up.

#70 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postrandom987654321, on 26 December 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

This thread looks kind of dead since the last post was September but if there is another Turtanking event Let me know and I might be able to show up.

Really? You bump a 3-month-old topic to say "this topic is dead"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users