I have a magical turtle

3 replies to this topic

#1 MJohnsonFL

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

One of my mining turtles has evolved. It used to be your standard run of the mill but at some point it became mining turtle - turtle pc. It has the item number 216:129 and has the unique ability of maintaining its memory after being picked up and forgoing the need to carry a disk drive around. My problem is I don't know how I created this thing. I have my own Tekkit server that I ftp into to drop the lua code directly in and my guess is that I somehow locked the file while picking up the turtle. The awesomeness of having a turtle that maintains code is fantastic and I want an army of them. Anyone know how I can make this happen.

#2 Anonomit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

to make a turtle remember its code, use the program:
lebel set thisisthenameoftheturtle

To clear the label, use:
label clear

#3 MJohnsonFL

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ahh this must have been created then by someone else's fancy program I uploaded to the server then...Did not know about the label ability of turtles. Thank you so much. ComputerCraft is even more awesome than I initially realized.

#4 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm pretty sure it's an intended feature, nothing insanely special.
There's always the option of just copying the files across to the turtle's new number if your turtle doesn't retain its memory for some reason (providing you have access to the world data ofc).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users