[cc 1.4] Turtle Remote Control V 2.0

turtle wireless utility

168 replies to this topic

#41 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostMrZuribachi, on 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

ChunLing, all you're doing on this post is flaming, complaining and advertising on your post. You didn't do anything else, did you? So why the hell you just don't stay away from here? This will save us as well as yourself from heart attacks because of complaining too much.

I tried to express it as polite as possible so please don't complain on flaming on you, because it isn't. Thank your for reading.
Thanks a lot for this, I really like polite people

#42 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's done!
Changelog:
  • Changed key mapping for an easy to understand menu, which contains all the commands in a simple, user friendly interface
  • Added a new "Refuel" command, please use coal only
  • Added a new slot counter
I'm currently working hard on the fuel meter, if somebody wants to help send me a PM and I'll tell him what I need

#43 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

I stopped providing examples of code when you said you didn't want them. No subconscious tricks, just straightforward helpful suggestions.

#44 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostChunLing, on 18 October 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I support that functionality in my remote control turtle program, posted in the turtle programs forum under.... I find it super easy to use and very powerful
Well, this seems like advertising don't you think?

#45 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

It might, if I was asking for some kind of compensation. But really, I was just pointing out that the suggested function is possible by remote, and providing a link to an existing implementation. I was not at that point aware that you hated the idea of getting help improving your program, or that you felt threatened by the possibility of people visiting other threads on the forum. I had no reason to be aware of either point, but when I did become aware of that I stopped inviting people on this thread to other threads and I stopped posting any help with code.

So what are you complaining about?

#46 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostChunLing, on 20 October 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

It might, if I was asking for some kind of compensation. But really, I was just pointing out that the suggested function is possible by remote, and providing a link to an existing implementation. I was not at that point aware that you hated the idea of getting help improving your program, or that you felt threatened by the possibility of people visiting other threads on the forum. I had no reason to be aware of either point, but when I did become aware of that I stopped inviting people on this thread to other threads and I stopped posting any help with code.

So what are you complaining about?
I'm sure that your main purpose wasn't helping, because one does not say "I have that in my program! It's way better than this guy's program! Check it out, here's the link"
That's advertising

#47 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Actually, people say that all the time. I didn't, though. And yet, you are assuming that I did assert that my program was "better" than yours. Every statement I made about my program was a matter of simple fact. If you believe that the sum of those statements equates to a value judgment--i.e. that my program is "better"--then that is your own opinion of the relative value of my program compared to your own.

It is understandable if you have that opinion. What is less easy to understand is why you choose to react as you do. Why not take the opportunity to improve your own program?

#48 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostChunLing, on 20 October 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Actually, people say that all the time. I didn't, though. And yet, you are assuming that I did assert that my program was "better" than yours. Every statement I made about my program was a matter of simple fact. If you believe that the sum of those statements equates to a value judgment--i.e. that my program is "better"--then that is your own opinion of the relative value of my program compared to your own.

It is understandable if you have that opinion. What is less easy to understand is why you choose to react as you do. Why not take the opportunity to improve your own program?
Because you could say "Hey, your program could be improved in "X" part by adding "X" code, this will do "X" things" Instead of just saying "Hey, check my program! It has "X" and "X" things that this guy doesn't support!"
The first one is an example of constructive feedback, in the second one you make people think "Hmm, this guy has more things, we'll go with him instead"

#49 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I did post samples of code, edited to be portable into different programs. And I was referring to one of those samples of code when I referred to functionality. Of course, the sample of code doesn't work unless it's part of a program, so I provided a link to a working program that used the same principle.

You're coming across as intensely insecure, by the way, with your obsessive concern over whether someone might choose to use a program other than yours.

#50 MrZuribachi

• New Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 19 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

It's done!

Only mined coal or is charcoal also accepted? Anyways great work.

#51 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Mainly don't use lava, it leaves the bucket in there.

#52 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostMrZuribachi, on 20 October 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

View PostHeracles421, on 19 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

It's done!

Only mined coal or is charcoal also accepted? Anyways great work.
Every fuel type works, but coal and charcoal are the best to use in this case. Just don't use lava because it has to detect if a slot is empty to change to the next slot and it leaves the bucket in the turtle.

#53 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostChunLing, on 20 October 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I did post samples of code, edited to be portable into different programs. And I was referring to one of those samples of code when I referred to functionality. Of course, the sample of code doesn't work unless it's part of a program, so I provided a link to a working program that used the same principle.

You're coming across as intensely insecure, by the way, with your obsessive concern over whether someone might choose to use a program other than yours.
I'm not mad if somebody uses any program that's not mine, but I get concerned if the other program owner comes to my post and tries to take away the people that like my program. I'll just ask you to stop giving out links to other programs from my post, unless I tell you can.

#54 MrZuribachi

• New Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 20 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Every fuel type works, but coal and charcoal are the best to use in this case. Just don't use lava because it has to detect if a slot is empty to change to the next slot and it leaves the bucket in the turtle.

Alright. But one bucket of lava compared to a stack of charcoal gives almost nothing. I just used 14 charcoal for an excavater (Sorry for this sin, but I needed to test my system whether it laggs. After launching the game it needs about an hour before I can use turtles / computers laggless. Dunno why...) and it gave me more then 2,000 fuel, I think almost equivalent on one bucket of lava. However, as long as charcoal works well I don't care (mined coal is too precious to me, because I need it for enormous amounts of solar panels [IC²]). But did you already check out this cool stuff here? Gonna try it out with your remote controlled turtle right now as soon as I blinded idiot find the download oô (not the link itself, but the download-page after adf.ly, lol XD)

#55 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

...Mr.Z, he just said not to do that. I stopped when he made it clear he had a problem, which is my way of taking a hint. You started the moment he explicitly says not to do that?

#56 MrZuribachi

• New Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Huh? Now I'm a little bit confused :)/> What're you talking about? I just compared coal / charcoal to a bucket of lava and linked a peripheral / turtle upgrade oô

Edit: Also, I wrote this line: "Gonna try it out with your remote controlled turtle". I think this already reveals that it is no other program. You should know it as well, because you also posted in there. So I can't understand what's your problem? Not advertising for other programs or any that, just a way for making his remote controlls even more funny, nice and interesting. But of course I'll edit the post and delete the link if he wants me to.

#57 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Wow. Just...I can't say whether you are doing that on purpose or not. But you are describing exactly the actions that made him so mad before. And he just clarified that he doesn't want people doing that. Which I already figured out, and was not doing anymore.

#58 MrZuribachi

• New Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Between you and me is a difference in behaviour. You posted a link to your own program codes, such like a remote controlled turtle (the core of this thread) and this made Heracles421 concerning. I linked to a whole different topic, not even the same sub-forum at all. And as already written, I will delete the link if he wants me to.

#59 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostMrZuribachi, on 21 October 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Between you and me is a difference in behaviour. You posted a link to your own program codes, such like a remote controlled turtle (the core of this thread) and this made Heracles421 concerning. I linked to a whole different topic, not even the same sub-forum at all. And as already written, I will delete the link if he wants me to.

View PostChunLing, on 21 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Wow. Just...I can't say whether you are doing that on purpose or not. But you are describing exactly the actions that made him so mad before. And he just clarified that he doesn't want people doing that. Which I already figured out, and was not doing anymore.
It's ok as long as you don't start saying: "This has better things! *Link here* Go check it out!" or something like that. I want to avoid advertising other programs, because I respect other people's threads and I want respect as well. So a simple link saying something like: "What if you implement "X" thing to your program like this guy did, just changing it a bit to have "X" characteristics" or something like that is ok, as long as you don't try to advertise the program

#60 MrZuribachi

• New Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm not trying to advertise other programs at all. This is a nice peripheral or if you wanna say computercraft addon that provides a transmitter and a receiver to remote controll your computer. That's because it is very hard to e.g. play worm on a monitor. This peripheral / addon makes it possible by placing a receiver at the computer and holding a transmitter ("remote control") in your hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users