ComputerCraft Survival (SkyBlock) - Completely Revamped!

22 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Note: This map is unfortunately quite outdated, meaning that the item ID's have changed. If anybody would like to redo it, go ahead.

Note 1: All credit for the original SkyBlock map goes to NoobCrew.
Note 2: This map is still in Beta, meaning there may still be some bugs. If you encounter any issues, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix them

Posted Image

If you're a long-time minecraft fan like myself, you've probably heard of Skyblock. If not, Skyblock is a map created by NoobCrew which spawns you on a tiny floating island with only a tree, a chest with a block of ice and lava, and the creepers to keep you company.

I found SkyBlock to be so entertaining that I created a version of SkyBlock about a two months or so ago which incorporates ComputerCraft, allowing the player to drop items such as cobblestone and in return get turtles. That version however was clunky and annoying to play with however. One had to drop exact amounts of items to get their turtles, and they had to exchange different blocks for different turtles.

This version aims to fix all of that.

Posted Image

As you can see in the above picture, there is now a central computer from which you can buy items and view the amount of "cash" you have. To get cash, all one must do is drop items into a hole.

Posted Image

After getting cash, buying items is as simple as selecting the item you wish to buy and pressing enter. The items you bought will fall from above.

Video

Installing
Download the file at the bottom of this post. Unzip it, and place it in your ./minecraft/saves/ folder.

Requirements
Requires ComputerCraft 1.46 (Important that it is 1.46 or higher) and anything which ComputerCraft might rely on.

More pictures
postimage.org/gallery/acnvf0u6/

Download
http://www.mediafire...genow83a47yezqc

Bugs
No known bugs

#2 jag

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Interesting...

#3 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

the one issue with these kind of maps is that they are almost always hackable. can't you just buy one mining turtle and make him go up the water stream, break the dispenser and get all of the turtles?

#4 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Certainly you could. But of course, why would one go to the effort of downloading the map if they plan to hack it anyway? Might as well just use tmi and give themselves the items. The purpose of this map is to give players a more legitimate way to gain items, rather than just giving them to themselves.

#5 djm1999

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

can you relase one with creative mode? i want to see how it works i detail

#6 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postdjm1999, on 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

can you relase one with creative mode? i want to see how it works i detail

If you'd like to know how it works you can just take a look in the CC_Skyblock/computer/ files for all of the code. Much easier than having to look at it from the computers :D/> Fair warning though, the code really doesn't follow any standards such as commenting or logical function placement so understanding how it all works might not be that easy.

#7 kdawg969

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I can't find the computer?

#8 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postkdawg969, on 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

I can't find the computer?

You mean the one that drops from above? It might have fallen off the edge. The placing of that whole thing was pretty terrible in hindsight, and I can think of quite a few better ways that this could be executed now (especially with the advent of command blocks behaving as peripherals). Maybe I'll redo this map tomorrow if I get the time.

#9 WolfNinja2

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I can't find the Gold Computer that's supposed to be next to the starting chest! D:

#10 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostWolfNinja2, on 07 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

I can't find the Gold Computer that's supposed to be next to the starting chest! D:

It's possible that your computer ID's are different from the default or that the default has changed since I made this. It's been a long time since I made this map so honestly I would do it completely differently with the addition of command blocks.

#11 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

souldnt forge automatically detect item id conflicts?
unless this was made before it saved configs >_>

#12 FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)

• Banned
  • 435 posts
  • LocationThe left part of this post

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

you should make one with skyblock 2.1 that uses copmutercraft 1.481

#13 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostPixelToast, on 08 February 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

souldnt forge automatically detect item id conflicts?
unless this was made before it saved configs >_>

It should find conflicts but not changes. I changed OCS sensors because IC used their ID for copper ore and all sensors were replaced with copper ore.... so people that manually mod could have changed the ID

#14 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Posturielsalis, on 08 February 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

I'll probably start working on this tonight and finish it tomorrow (lolnope). I plan on using a custom peripheral which I've made that will be able to detect what items you have and then remove/add directly from your inventory - infinitely easier than having to throw them into the water pool and then catch things from above.

#15 gogogregor

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Where is the advanced computer i use to buy items, it is not on my skyblock...????? :(

#16 Herû

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostBubba, on 08 February 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'll probably start working on this tonight and finish it tomorrow (lolnope). I plan on using a custom peripheral which I've made that will be able to detect what items you have and then remove/add directly from your inventory - infinitely easier than having to throw them into the water pool and then catch things from above.
Why make a peripheral, it's easier to use and enable use With the command Block (send item to the nearest person).

#17 Herû

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

View Postgogogregor, on 21 April 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Where is the advanced computer i use to buy items, it is not on my skyblock...????? :(/>
I are not sure, but it may happen the reason is some change in id's of the computer block, or something.

#18 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostHerû, on 21 April 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

View Postgogogregor, on 21 April 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Where is the advanced computer i use to buy items, it is not on my skyblock...????? :(/>
I are not sure, but it may happen the reason is some change in id's of the computer block, or something.

Indeed. This is quite outdated.

View PostHerû, on 21 April 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

View PostBubba, on 08 February 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Why make a peripheral, it's easier to use and enable use With the command Block (send item to the nearest person).

Because I would still have to have a way to tell what they already have in their inventory and remove it easily. I suppose I could do the same old throw items into the water, but it's annoying to set up.

#19 Azhf

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMurrika

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

This seems awesome, I'll play it later.

#20 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostAzhf, on 21 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

This seems awesome, I'll play it later.

You'll have to switch to an old version of MC/CC (I'm not sure what version that might be, but I suppose anything close to the introduction of advanced comps)

Edit: Nevermind, I actually put the version in the original post XD Use version 1.46 or perhaps 1.47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users