AngelMedia | [Reworking of AngelTV] | AngelSound [alpha2] -- the VirtualDJ of MC!

media

82 replies to this topic

#1 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

This Project has been declared "dead"

No updates or work will be done on it until I feel like taking it up again.

BUT if anyone feels like continuing it please feel free to pm me.

--ArchAngel075

REWORKING

of AngelTV to become AngelMedia

A bridge of TV and SOUND

------

Current Working on : [Main Menu] for AngelMedia

AngelSound

Spoiler

NOTE:

Angel-TV has a bug where editing Frames using the program will delete the frame instead. Please use another editor IE PAINT, or NPP

I will not fix this as AngelTV is scrapped and a new remake is WIP

Attached Files

#2 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Please give feedback and suggestions!

#3 gamax92

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Suggestion:
Turn quake pro off for screenshots, it's awkward when trying to show a monitor's screen.

Will try the program out later.

#4 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

starting on the new menu, and creating a ConfrimTabsAPI to help improve confirmations and options in the program for when AGO is started

-edit-
ConfirmTabsAPI (api name is cps) is mostly done, testing
rewriting cpsAPI after my pc decided to crash notepad++ and nulll every line :)/>

#5 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Amazing! I made a really funny video in this.
Possibly add a mode to share your videos? (If its already in, i cant find it.) Also, for sharing, you should have it upload the videos to pastebin. so people can download them.

#6 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

@ rhyleyMaster
because of how pastebin handles files seperately, and since each frame is a file on its own, the only way i can see this working is making it compile a movie into one file(copy lines used and then add a line "%%" to indicate break and new frame.) :

-Added on
Todo for AngelTv 1.2,
- Compiler - compile a set of frames (perhaps user defined?) into a movie file for pastebin and file sharing. (wonder if its possible to have a custom extention Amov?)
- decompiler, Decompiles a movie file (possibly a .Amov file) into a frames file.
- work on Compressed Movies.

AGO(advanced Graphicle Object) moved to a [will be done eventually] state untill the Compiler is written, this is to provide the best possible outcome in AGO.
--Compressed movies :
--Possibly lessen the file load on computers by combining the files into a single movie file with bridges in it
--Possibly include a AmovCompilerAPI to attempt to compile any file into a movie.
Thanks for the idea rhyley!

also i am alpha on rewriting the cps API, perhaps ill include color support this time around now that its in my head ?

--any programming WILL be slow de to exams, but the notepad++ on my tablet makes sure school isnt a complete hindrance :)/>

#7 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Mostly done woth the cpsAPI, no color support sadly.

It has ability to define options for the user to choose from, and return the option the user chose.
Also any options that are too long to fit on screen will not be added, currently there is no way to return whether a skip occured or not.
The window will resize to fit the longest string possible(49 or 50) and encase all options.
If too many options are used and the options are offscreen no error is returned, it will be reccomended to test to see if your options are too long or too many,
To solve a TooManyOptions problem remove the last two options and instead use "Page Next(previous)" and a new Tab holding the overflow.
A way to detect overflow will eventually be made to auto page options

--Got permission to use NPaintPro with program, support will be added in future.

---Tidied up OP and editing Angel-TV 1.1 to use cpsAPI
---added ToDo to 1.1 "Loop, re-playability"

#8 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Finished the cpsAPI will add soon (was editing post but a derp by my PC closed firefox so too lazy to retype all the functions of cpsAPI
Will add DL for cpsAPI later, Currently adding Loop function to Angel-TV

Once Loop is added 1.1 will be released and work on the Compiler and movie sharing system will be started>

#9 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

UPDATED!

=Added in 1.1
-Better Menu (no more buttons!)
-cpsApi bundle (For those who want to make menus too)
-Better disk and monitor checking (will error and let user know about the error, then reboot upon keypress!)
-Delete frames, will automatically shift frames down so that there is no gaps! (frame 1,2,4,5 will not happen if you delete frame 3)
-Loop! reply a movie x times or infinitly! (NOTE press enter during a infinite loop to stop and return to menu!)
-Constant refreshing - now there is a less chance of your movies being lost during a process! (with hardly any affect to program speed..)
-May have sqaushed that very seldom OutOfBounds error!

Also now cpsAPI is added with the download as it is REQUIRED to make Angel-TV work!
Feel free to poke in cpsAPI to see how it works, documentation on how to use its functions will be up eventually...

Working on Compiler and Decompiler next, make way for pastebin movie sharing!!!

#10 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Just finished up the prototype compiler and hell it turned out better than i hoped ;)/>
--edit--
improved abit, now will ask if it must delete all FrameX files once done compiling, perfect for quick compressing!
--adding file checks

compiled 30 frames in ~1.1 seconds (i couldn't time it fast enough!!!! XD)

de-compiled that same movie file (aka .amov) in just about the same time, play back was smooth accross both -_-/>

all frames(from 1.2) are now the '.afr' format

Going to start working on the better menu system,
=
Configs (submenu)
-default framerate,
-what editor to use (for future support)
-Loop allways (upon program startup it will loop the vdeo which is perfect for billboards, requires rename to 'startup')
end
=
Player (Submenu)
-Quick Loop (normal user defined looping)
-Play movie once (uses Frames atm since a function to instantly decompile a .amov and then play is needed stil)
-Show splash screen on startup (yes i made a splash movie to play upon startup, if anyone wants to design a 2x2 screen splash to play upon startup then please!
-Decompile before playing (automatically decompiles a .amov and plays it --relies on how i can combine the player and decompiler)
-(whatever else becomes available)
end
=
Editor (Submenu) --all editor options will only work on a .afr file, there will not be any support for amov frame editing unless this grows enough, or requested enough)
-Edit frame
-Delete frame
-Copy frame
-Move frame
end

Also I will upload the 1.2 pre containing the compiler/decompiler plus the splash, Not that its only a pre (more like alpha 1.2)
(wait for 1.2 normally, it is somewhat a easy update now that compiling is out of the way..., but should anyone specifically ask for the decompiling code ill provide)

--working on menus later today....

ALSO
Please report any and ALL errors you get! the more i squash the better for me and you!

#11 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Just made a new animation with looping.
This is my favorite now :3
I just need to find a server with this, so i can play all my movies, and make a theater ;)/>

#12 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

haha, well the new compiled movies (no more 600+ frames ;)/>) is better thanks to pastebin support :P/>

I also am working on using NitrogenFingers NPaintPro as a MUCH MUCH better editor as it supports scrolling the editing window, which makes for 'paint' but with 16x16 screens!
But no real hopes atm.
--mind uploading your animation -_-/>, i might get ideas :)/>

---movie on how to work the program might come eventually, if i can steal my dads mic long enough...

--tonight im definitly working on the improved menu's, look at how i can improve checks for errors etc and look a little into NpaintPro.

any suggestions welcome!

#13 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Suggestion for when it doesn't find a disk / monitor: Make it wait for an event to find a disk / or an attached peripheral (monitor in this case) comes into play and then it continues ;)/>

#14 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostremiX, on 24 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Suggestion for when it doesn't find a disk / monitor: Make it wait for an event to find a disk / or an attached peripheral (monitor in this case) comes into play and then it continues -_-/>

Accepted, i was thinking of changing how it responds to the lack of disks and monitors etc so thanks for letting me know :P/>

--going to start work on menus and improve the error handles now, 4 hours from now i plan on resting ;)/>

Wow, this menu update is going to make me add also multiple movie fileframe instances :)/> ie :
-Play default movie
-Play user selected

frames will gain the '.afr" format, frames specific to a movie will be instead housed in a folder of that movie name, thus setting directory to use is setting movie but
also set instead a .amov file and it will auto decompile the file with its own name (this should be easy to implement) thus no more will i need to limit you to just one
movie, but making a system that avoids overwriting movies will be annoying (soooo many checks to add !")

but i will release 1.2(once the above is implemented) and other updates specific to 1.2 will gain a 1.2.X instead

#15 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Quick news update

1.Added ProjectPaths, now hardstore projects on disk or on pc plus have named folders for each project for easier storage (WIP debugging the compiler/decompiler as they rely heavily on file paths)
3.Finished the new Menu
2.updated cps with a low amount of color text support : color individual options, makes it much kinder to the eyes on long lists.

expect 1.2.1 ready once the compilers are fixed up and the better error handles are added.

#16 rhyleymaster

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Aww geez. I was making the Nyan Cat thing to post here, but my CC melted down today. Lost all the files.
Ill post it when its finished.

#17 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

OK, im sure that compiling can double as "save and backup", just need to CP the function and make it force the name "backup" and extention "bkp" :D/>/>

BTW i know that feeling, earlier this morning my notepad++ nearly destroyed the only backup of Angel-TV 1.2.x that im working on ....

#18 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Updated ! :D/>:D:D

Enjoy the new menu system and project system,
The better error handling will be included once i improve on disk based projects and add the configuration to change "ReliesOnDisk"
Will probably add a list function to help remembering projects that are saved, Plus maybe finish the basis behind "decompile and run then recompile" based movies to practically get rid of the need for frames! (except for editing ofc)

Any suggestions as usual are welcome!
Any errors must please be reported!
If you feel a error needs a warning message and 'any key to continue' message please let me know so i can add it!
If you feel an part of the program needs a confirmation added removed please let me know
etc etc...

If you want to help out some, try making some splash screens to play on startup! I have made my own but a option to use different splash screens would be a greate idea :)

I love making this program! :P/>
(Lastly exams are nearly over so my time can be better spent on this, just two more papers left so please bombard me with ideas to look over!)

Edited by ArchAngel075, 27 November 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#19 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

-Just realized for the third time now how hard it is to see what a frame looks like without opening in editor mode, perhaps i should add a scrolling preview mode ??
-What is the opinion on re adding disk support for transport across computers?
-How does Compiling feel
-Is the new menu system more friendly to the eyes and less clogged ?

Please give opinions :)

#20 ArchAngel075

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have a plan for the preview system that will include a filter search option, a preview image and perhaps more, it will work using tabs scrolling and more to give a user friendly GUI.
Also looking back at the compiler etc, i noticed sharing the videos will be annoying if one must terminate so ill include a option to Upload and download videos using the existing paistbin program

I will eventually start on this update(1.2.2) as im currently taking a break after exams, this monday i planned to start the basic previewer.

Any suggestions welcome as usual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users