Cinema Wireless Controll?

networking computer

4 replies to this topic

#1 WaffleGamur

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

So me and my freind built a giant theater. We want to show the secret/alongtimeago movie. It is a 6 screen theatre and we are too lazy to manually start each one. We want a central computer that can play it on all of the computers at once.

You would do playmovie

and all the movies would start on all of the computers hooked up to the monitors.

#2 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

So basically what you want is someone to write the code for you? IMO, the amount of effort you're willing to put into this is the amount of effort we (or at least I) are willing to put into this. Since you've put in zero work into this post/idea, I don't imagine you'll be getting a whole lot of responses, but maybe I'm just a cynical bastard.

Show me some code/proof that you've actually attempted to do this by yourself, and I'll be perfectly happy to point you in the right direction or fix any errors that you might be getting.

#3 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Lemme point you in the right direction, because as challenge said, we're not your little code bitches. The computers should be waiting for a rednet signal, and it should execute the program when the signal is received. The main computer should send the signals to the computers.

#4 Luanub

Lua Nub

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

You could also use rednet messages to start / stop the movies. Let us know if you run into any issues with the code.

#5 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ask a pro is for helping people debug code so posting at lest an attempt at this would have been better than a flat request . I think requests should be posted in the general section.

I am working on a program to do this. Are you going to be using an advanced computer for the controller of a normal computer?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users