[1.4.7][SMP]File not found happens when loading a chunk with a turtle

5 replies to this topic

#1 g1eagle

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hello I'm running version 1.4.7 of computer craft and noticed an issue.. when either a chunkload with a turtle inside (Turtle has a label, and startup file) it'll say "File not Found." instead of running a program the startup file tells it too, they just sit there and do nothing. If you go over and click the turtle you'll see the error, then when you exit out it seems that the start up program loaded correctly.

#2 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

This also happens with monitors or other peripherals on a slow server. It seems that it loads things in a different order than it should.

#3 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I was having this issue on my server, where it wasn't my startup program that wasn't found, it was apparently shell itself, or something else in the bootup process, because it wasn't even getting to display the CraftOS version, just "File not found" and hung until I clicked on them, shortly after which they would reboot, correctly. In my case, I'd been using the cc mod unzipped on the server, so I could easily edit rom files; going back to the .zip file eliminated the problem completely.

#4 g1eagle

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

GopherAtl Your a life saver, I went and looked and yep I was using the unzipped version for the same reason. Zipped it up and then checked the turtles and now all of them are booting properly.... which is great I know get to use more CC craft!

#5 mark332

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Does anyone know, how to fix this, without zipping the CC folder ?

#6 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yes. Update to a version where it is fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users