clearRoomLarge: Updated Excavate with Depth Argument and Load Drop-offs for big Excavations

9 replies to this topic

#1 termhn

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

My friend Nekowulf and I modified the Excavate script so that it takes a depth parameter and will drop off loads when its inventory is full.

Usage:
clearRoomLarge <radius> <depth(optional, if not, dig to bedrock)>

You can also edit the code at the bottom of the main loop, right before it says "end of main loop" to make it navigate to a drop-off area, then back to the dig site.

Installation:
Un-zip the file
If you want to edit in-game, put it in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/
If you dont care, put it in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle/
If you choose the second one, you can edit it outside of minecraft, save, and it will update inside of minecraft :)/>

Give feedback if you like it/how to improve :D/>

Attached Files

#2 ironsmith123

• New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

Nice! Next could you modify the tunnel script to allow the input if the width and height you want the tunnel to be? Because I'm tired of tiny 3x2 tunnels......

#3 termhn

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Sure! I'll start work on it tomorrow (well, in the morning).

#4 termhn

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

Also, updated version going up in the morning with a couple bug fixes/improvements.

#5 Philips_Cube

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Could you make it so that we can set a drop point?

#6 DavEdward

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I looked at the code and it's amazingly done. Thing is it's way beyond my understanding of Lua x.x
Could you possibly make a version of this program that does the exact same thing, only it digs a tunnel forwards instead of downards?
I love the drop-off function when it's full, and if that can be made for a turtle that makes tunnels I'd love to have it automatically dig a tunnel, and when full return to the start, dump it's invintory, then resume digging the tunnel.
Leaving a gap in the code so extra drop off instructions just like your excavate program would be awesome too.

#7 Lasere123456

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

i started using it some h ago, an i noticed that it reruns its entire route after a drop-off...
which takes very long time to do...

#8 flashy99

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

When I run it, it just turns left once and drops off its fuel.

#9 Bushido

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Works great it drops off everything in a cheat but it goes thur all wht it mined to do so and back the same way which takes WAY TO LONG! other then that awesome job

#10 termhn

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Wow I haven't checked this in forever.. anyway yeah, this is really old (as you can see) and there are some downfalls. There are definitely better mining programs out there, but this was before a lot of them came out ^.^ So yeah, this is pretty much past its life x)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users