Anyone want to join a CDT (Computercraft Development Team)

computer lua networking

17 replies to this topic

#1 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near the local computer store?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

If anyone wants to join a CDT (Computercraft Development Team) just let me know by: Following the instructions at http://ccroxor.freeh...plications.html and posting a comment below saying "Check your email" or such.

Please Note that I won't start development until I get at least two other people to join! Person's that are on the team are to be given an Custom Email at [email protected] and access to the Github assigned to this "company". So please join!

BTW: Tell me what you think about the new website below or in the email!

EDIT: Due to some compaints, Anyone who commits code to the CDT has the right to freely distribute and use the code (from the version(s) that they worked on).... You know what, I'm not going to bother! Obliviousness Dissy forgot to look on the home page of the website saying "is open-source and free to use" before posting her/his comment! If anyone wants to use the code, feel free to. Credit isn't required, but is greatly appreciated.

#2 dissy

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

How many times do you plan on posting this same request over and over?

I doubt you will find many people willing to freely give you code when your stated goal is to claim ownership over it and threaten copyright lawsuits against anyone who "steals" "your" software.

#3 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postdissy, on 06 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

How many times do you plan on posting this same request over and over?

I doubt you will find many people willing to freely give you code when your stated goal is to claim ownership over it and threaten copyright lawsuits against anyone who "steals" "your" software.

I never said I would claim ownership. Did I? I'll edit this post now. Anyone who works on this project now has the right to 'freely' use the code that they contributed to the CDT.

#4 lieudusty

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Didn't you post something like this before?

#5 anonimo182

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationIn the universe

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postlieudusty, on 07 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Didn't you post something like this before?
Yes he did...

#6 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm not that bored that I will take on any random project. Do you have any ideas to work on, any plans? (I'm not applying by the way, just pointing out)

#7 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

snoble, posting the exact same things over and over again make you look desperate, maybe it's because you can't work out anything alone?

Edit: Code kiddie, yay

#8 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

snoble, posting the exact same things over and over again make you look desperate, maybe it's because you can't work out anything alone?

Agreed. Snoble, I'm tempted to report you. You look desperate when you post multiple times. Write your own damn code.

#9 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostDlcruz129, on 07 January 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostHeracles421, on 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Agreed. Snoble, I'm tempted to report you. You look desperate when you post multiple times. Write your own damn code.
If I was on my computer, this would warrant a +1 for 100% correctness.
Really, though, snoble. Write your own code. I feel like a broken record, but we are not your code monkeys.

#10 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Learn from my mistakes. Group projects do NOT work, sadly.

#11 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostDlcruz129, on 09 January 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Learn from my mistakes. Group projects do NOT work, sadly.
The thing is that the community projects your probably talking about are still quite regulated and forced. Look at OpenCCSensors, everyone is doing its thing there and its working just fine. :)

#12 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yeah, Orwell's right. Team Econ died off pretty quickly too.
Also, copyrights on CC code are silly. For one, no one probably wants to steal your code in the first place, and all Lua code is inherently open source anyways, so why bother?

#13 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

That copyright on the website is FOR THE WEBSITE. I have the code FOR THE WEBSITE copyrighted not the CC code. But the reason why I 'kept' posting this is that those other ones were mainly about the website, not this.

#14 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostOrwell, on 07 January 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'm not that bored that I will take on any random project. Do you have any ideas to work on, any plans? (I'm not applying by the way, just pointing out)
I was just wondering if you'd answer my question. :) I don't mind you creating this thread, and the others shouldn't complain. :P I just think that setting some goals would be more appealing for others to join.

#15 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Just saying, having your team called Computercraft Development Team sounds like as if you're developing for computercraft. Like developing for dan200/cloudy which gives people the wrong impressions.

#16 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Someone should have quoted the old post; he appears to have completely rewritten it.

#17 dissy

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Posttiin57, on 10 January 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Someone should have quoted the old post; he appears to have completely rewritten it.

Yea that would have been handy, had I known I'd be accused of being oblivious and making things up.
Ah well, I just can't find it in me to help people like that. So done and done.

#18 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ahhh, 1lann that's a good point. I will change it to ComputerCraft Program Development Team (within the next few hours I hope)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users