• 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Great Program!

#22 Croft3r

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thank you for making this program. It is so much easier then having to setup the GPS manually. Now my dream of a city of turtles roaming as they please is a little bit closer.

#23 Mad_Professor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Doesn't work for me, asked for 4 monitors gave it 4 and then stop workign, climb up to see what was wrong it got stuck on turnOn, looked at code

peripheral.call("front","turnOn")

no call exist in computercraft for this.

#24 Mad_Professor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I fixed it! It can take a stack of computers, it just asks for monitors in the script, changed "monitor" with "computer" and problem solved.

#25 Landstryder

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

This is a great program. I would definitely include this in any turtle utilities pack!

#26 KaosKlaus

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

I like to have all my Computers labeled, so I modified this program to support labeled computers. You can use labeled (not-stackable) Computers for deployment and the label of each GPS-host will be set after placement. Also fixed a few minor issues. Usage hasn't changed, but slot requirements have changed slightly. And last but not least, turtles are now more patient - They don't mind you standing on them, while starting the program, they'll just wait until you get off and continue on. :rolleyes:

Turtle Slots:
  • Fuel
  • Disk
  • Minimum of 4 Modems
  • If Mining Turtle - Minimum of 1 Disk Drive | If Standard Turtle - Minimum of 4 Disk Drives
  • Computers
  • Computers
  • Computers
  • Computers
Code:
http://pastebin.com/Uy1umavZ

Install:
pastebin get Uy1umavZ gps-deploy

View Postneonerz, on 20 January 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Usage:

When placing the turtle, it needs to be facing south(0). Please make sure the turtle has a clear view to the sky before deploying.

gps-deploy <x> <y> <z> [height]
This command will deploy the GPS satellite at y=254 or y+[height] if [height] is specified. The x, and z coordinates need to be the absolute coordinates of the turtles starting place. A good way to get the coordinates is to place a turtle down, stand on it, and press F3. Since turtles are less than a block high, F3 will show you the Y coordinate of the turtle. The X, and Z are a bit trickier. While standing on the turtle you'll see a X coordinate of for example X = -6.412 (-7) then the X coordinate you'd enter into the script would be -7, not -6. This goes the same for the Z coordinate.

gps-deploy locate [height]
If you have a already working GPS system, you could use the locate command to automatically enter the x, y, z coordinates of the mining turtle. You could still specify a custom height if you don't want the satellite to be deployed at y=254</z></y></x>

Edited by KaosKlaus, 17 February 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#27 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Fixed the unlimited fuel check and started localizing variables.

On Pastebin

pastebin get YmFixAZz gps-deploy

#28 neonerz

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

Thanks everyone for the interest! I know it's been a while since I released this but I made some updates (including some things suggested in this thread)

- Made the computers fit inside one chunk (it's now 5x5 instead of 17x17)
- Works with No Fuel Mode servers (thanks happydude11209)
- Fixed bug in gps-deploy locate code (thanks kittykiller)
- Fixed bug where I call computers, monitors (thanks Mad_Professor)

@KaosKlaus - I didn't want to implement your code because of the heavy edits you made to some functions (and I'd have to read through them all :P ). I linked your post to the OP so if anyone needs labeled computer support, they can use your version.

#29 theCybes

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

Very nice and useful program :)

I added

shell.openTab("repeat")

to the computers in the air to allow relaying messages across long distances. Requires advanced computers and v1.6

#30 Muuzied

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Should this work with Computercraft 1.3.2? Cuz I Just get this error when try to start it: "gps-deploy:209: attempt to call nil"
Anybody else got this problem?

#31 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostMuuzied, on 13 April 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

Should this work with Computercraft 1.3.2? Cuz I Just get this error when try to start it: "gps-deploy:209: attempt to call nil"
Anybody else got this problem?
No, this will not work in that VERY outdated version...
1.4 was the version to add fuel requirements, which is part of the error you are getting.

#32 Muuzied

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Damnit! Tekkit Classic uses 1.3.2, is it anyway to change the code for that version?

/A

#33 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

You can remove calls to the fuel functions. That would just about do it.

#34 Muuzied

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

Im a true noobie on CC how do you do that? lol

/A

#35 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Well, you'd probably get a more complete answer if you posted in Ask A Pro. They can help you edit the program to remove references to newer versions.
Also, i'd recommend that you upgrade. Tekkit Classic is VERY old.

#36 Muuzied

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Okey, thx! Yeah I know, but I kinda like the old Tekkit more then the new one, old school ftw

/A

#37 neonerz

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostMuuzied, on 13 April 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Okey, thx! Yeah I know, but I kinda like the old Tekkit more then the new one, old school ftw

Assuming Cranium is right and the only problem is the fuel requirement, you could try this: http://pastebin.com/bc7EpxJ1

I removed the fuel requirement, but I didn't test it, and don't have that version of CC to try it on, so it may or may not work.

#38 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

It won't work. Automatic GPS deployment isn't possible prior to 1.4 unless you are manually programming the computers on the ground before giving them to the turtle to set up. The turtle was unable to place the disk in the disk drive (or remove it) prior to the changes 1.4 made to the turtle API.

#39 adamhlt

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Thanks for your program, it works great, but once set up the turtles don't seem to still work upon logging onto the server the next time. I have to manually reboot them each time I log onto the server. Any ideas on how to fix this? Have I done something wrong? Thanks

#40 gamewin1

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

My turtle gets stuck at the ceiling of the world and doesn't do anything else after that. What could be the issue?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users