Erm, Hello.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Shockr

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Ok, so this is the General Forum, so I figured I'd post in here.

Just thought I'd say hello. Took me some time to track down the current forum. :)/>

I'm an avid MC user and have been using RP for a while (with IC and BC etc).. I have to say, congratulations to Dan200. What you've created (and the collaboration with Eloraam) is amazing. It's actually caused me to start my world all over again with a new theme... Everything totally computer controlled! In a sense, you've just made all of RP's integrated circuitry obsolete :P/>

There's some great content on here, and some brilliant ideas. Already had a play with the Lua implementation and created a few functions for playing with bundled cables.. looks like I'm cancelling all physical activities this weekend in favour of Caffiene and junk food.

I hope to be contributing soon where possible :)/>

Kind regards
Shockr

#2 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostShockr, on 15 February 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

Everything totally computer controlled! In a sense, you've just made all of RP's integrated circuitry obsolete :P/>

https://github.com/F...ograms/circuits :)/>
Any type of circuit you can think of is probably possible with CC. I got about a dozen more, i'll upload with next Redworks update, or maybe before that.

#3 Shockr

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm tempted to check out RedWorks, but not before I'm familiar with the CC system. (Read "Once I've automated my home")

Gotta love the code in your AND script. Loads of setup, 6 lines of actual code :)/>

This mod is awesome!

#4 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Yes it is, i Have some Quad AND gates as well, the variations of circuits i can make are just insane. I'm thinking of releasing it as a standalone with the circuit API. I want to add atleast 25 standard circuits in there, and then moderations of those, which the API itself lets you, modify those even further :D/>

API is here: https://github.com/F...rograms/Circuit

#5 Shockr

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Ooh. github link :D/>

Well, I've made some functions for dealing with the bundle cables. rs.setbundleoutput and rs.getbundleoutput are a real chore!

I've also looked at CC-Get which is a really nice touch. Once I've mastered the hub-spoke topology for my automation, then I'll move off vanilla :D/>

I have to say, having all those curcuits available in software is a lot cheaper to build and space-concious than Eloraam's Integrated Curcuits, but her panel covers make for nice computer tabletops ;)/>

/edit: You know, for all the nice file handling code and circuit manipulation you have going.. the bit I'm going to steal is this..

function clear()
  term.clear()
  term.setCursorPos(1,1)
end

Purely because I don't know why I didn't think of it ;)/>

Just had to go and shear some sheep to make the bundled cable I needed for my next little experiment. God forbid I do any of this in Creative mode :D/>

#6 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

This mod is awesome isn't it? :D/> It just makes every other mod badass along side it.

#7 Shockr

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

I've got an SSP game going (about a week old) running a few mods that CC brings together so well that it's just staggering! :D/>

Industrial Craft 2, BuildCraft, RedPower, ComputerCraft, Nature, Equivalent Exchange, LaserMod, Planes, CraftGuide and ReiMinimap ^_^/>

#8 tim

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAberystwyth

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Does this mean, if it can emulate circuits, there can be a computer within CC?

#9 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

View Posttim, on 18 February 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Does this mean, if it can emulate circuits, there can be a computer within CC?

Correct. Well with CC there is a computer in a computer. With circuit emulation within CC, that would be a computer in a computer, in a computer ^_^/>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users