[An ending to something better]EnderOS v4.0

191 replies to this topic

Poll: EnderOS (75 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of EnderOS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should I add monitor support?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should I add touch screen capabilities along with the monitor support?

Vote

#181 SuicidalSTDz

Permutator of Strings

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

To whom it may concern,

I have been busy lately with a vacation to the English Isles and Ireland to meet relatives, however, I did get a few chances to work on EnderOS. Since it has became clear that the majority of you would like a monitor version of EnderOS, that is what I will be working on:

Posted Image
There are obviously still some bugs that I am diligently working on.

Sincerely,
SuicidalSTDz

EDIT: Forgot some responses:

View PostEnderbane, on 22 May 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Oh my gosh, this is amazing. In my opinion, one of the best user made OS'es ever. Nice job. I will make an OS that resembles Microsoft windows, login and user creation are working as of NOW. I will post a topic about it soon.

HEY, QQ: Do i have your permission to use some code from of your OS. For example, to update files, may i use a slightly modified version of your pastebinGet() function? Pretty Please?
Thanks ^_^, and yes, you may use the pastebinGet function code.

View PostEngineer, on 25 May 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

How did I miss the update? :o
*follows topic*

So, I came across some things in EnderOS:

- Caclulator should be Calculator :P
- If Im trying to run a program, it asks me to select a file instead of running the game. This also counts for games.

Im not sure how I missed that whilebugtesting, but here is a litlle bug report. Im doing this via the thread because then other people can see that it has already reported.Im sorry that I didnt discover this while bugtesting this.
Fixed them about two days ago :P Derp on my part (as always)

#182 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

:o That seems awesome!

#183 1vannn

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm like, "THIS IS GOING TO HAVE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS!", and the post is like Nope!.. Anyway! Awesome OS! Nice work :)

#184 jwilman185

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

There is a bug where if there is a floppy in an adjacent drive, then the games and programs won't work, and can you add WI-FI support so we can connect to other computers?

#185 jere407407

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Is there a floppy version of this OS? I think I read that there was a floppy disc version of this OS for download somewhere...

#186 SuicidalSTDz

Permutator of Strings

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postjwilman185, on 22 June 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

There is a bug where if there is a floppy in an adjacent drive, then the games and programs won't work, and can you add WI-FI support so we can connect to other computers?
That is not due to a floppy being in an adjacent drive, that is a bug plain and simple. I fixed that in the new version that I have in my possession. Also, I am working on "WI-FI" for my new project

View Postjere407407, on 22 June 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Is there a floppy version of this OS? I think I read that there was a floppy disc version of this OS for download somewhere...
I believe Azhf made a tutorial somewhere, you might have to dig around a bit to find it ;)

To whom it may concern,

As you may have noticed I have been lacking in posts and updates. The reason behind this is the fact that I have sought out employment in my area. Fret not, this is not the end of EnderOS, though it will come to a stand-still. There are other reasons as well for my absence, one being that I have lost interest in designing a UI. Indeed, It has been a fun ride with EnderOS, but that was just a beginning. I plan to make bigger and better things in the near future. As of now I will be now working on a new project, not yet released for any eyes to see (not even my trusty Engineer). More information will be available on my website (suicidalstdz.koding.com) within the next week or so. For those of you who feel they want to continue work on EnderOS may PM me. As it stands, EnderOS is now discontinued until further notice. As I near the end of this post I would like to give a special thanks to all who enspired me to keep going when I was so close to giving up (though they might not have known it)

(Skullblade, GravityScore, Orwell, TheOriginalBit, Lyqyd, Cranium, remiX, 1lann, AfterLifeLochie, Engineer, and a few more whose names I cannot recall)

*Sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, I just got back from a long road trip*

Thanks for the support,
SuicidalSTDz

#187 Security.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hey guys! I'm new to ComputerCraft, and i don't know how to install this OS. Can anyone plz help me?

#188 CosmoConsole

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostSecurity., on 08 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Hey guys! I'm new to ComputerCraft, and i don't know how to install this OS. Can anyone plz help me?
If you are not worried about your current startup, you could just run:
"pastebin get rC8sJmvW startup"

Edit: Make sure HTML is enabled. If you play in a multiplayer server which you don't host, ask the server owner or host to take care of it. If you play singleplayer or have your own server, check the configuration.

#189 SuicidalSTDz

Permutator of Strings

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

To whom it may concern,

Developement on EnderUI, a once classified project, has begun once again.

Sincerely,
SuicidalSTDz

#190 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationWhere you'd least expect it.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostSuicidalSTDz, on 22 January 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

To whom it may concern,

Developement on EnderUI, a once classified project, has begun once again.

Sincerely,
SuicidalSTDz

Hehehe, you finally used my idea about the name. XD

Anyways, I can't wait to see it! I remember some preview features on good ol' MudServ, and they looked amazing!

#191 SuicidalSTDz

Permutator of Strings

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostMudkipTheEpic, on 23 January 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Hehehe, you finally used my idea about the name. XD
Yeah, seemed fitting :)

View PostMudkipTheEpic, on 23 January 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Anyways, I can't wait to see it! I remember some preview features on good ol' MudServ, and they looked amazing!
Thanks! Though, it's since been improved, so some features may be more developed or removed.

Edit: Derp double post. Also, nice title :P

Edited by SuicidalSTDz, 25 January 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#192 MailoStudios

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Good OS i think

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users