Client for OpenPeripheral's Glasses [0.5.2]

79 replies to this topic

#21 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Just a little question for me before i dabble in trying to make it work for this purpose, can you have support for multiple pairs of terminal glasses?

#22 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

You mean that multiple people can see the same?
I dont know why it shouldnt :)

I just started studying but i feel that i am going to return to lua and cc again to wrap up some programs. Give me some time and i will improve it even more.

#23 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

What i meant was when my friend put $$site2 i got changed on mine to site2

#24 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Yes, that would happen, because all glasses are running with the same computer. You could setup multiple computers with the same configuration and network attacked, so everybody can individualize his/her screen.

#25 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Or if you're running Minecraft 1.6.x you can ask the server to upgrade to the latest OpenPeripheral which has support for multiple users.

#26 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

We're running ftb so probably not, but I'm guessing once we get to that, it can change site differently per glasses?

#27 Expenox

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of my computer.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

This is awesome! I've seen few of these before, I might check it out. Keep up the good work!

#28 redwolfite

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Using the program on a 1.5.2 server, coming up with error,

term:407: attempt to index ? (a nil value)

Thanks in Advance,
- Jono [Wolfite]

Also, a suggestion to the program: Make it so you can set it so you can view connected users to the terminal as a option in the terminal glasses GUI.
Thanks

#29 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostMrrraou, on 13 July 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Now it's a another error :(/>
startup:398: attempt to call nil

Just add parameters for peripheral sides because I have to edit the program for this ^^

Could you tell me how to fix this? I have the exact same error and this will be extremely useful IMHO.

#30 Mrrraou

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostCastform, on 03 December 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

View PostMrrraou, on 13 July 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Now it's a another error :(/>
startup:398: attempt to call nil

Just add parameters for peripheral sides because I have to edit the program for this ^^

Could you tell me how to fix this? I have the exact same error and this will be extremely useful IMHO.

I'm sorry, I don't remember how I did that ^^'

#31 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

It's ok, I'll figure it out myself!

#32 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

I should get back into making these programs... i feel bad about leaving them half finished, but a lot of players want to use them...
I simply have to add a field to insert parameters for the methodes and save these. The problem is that the user has to know what he is doing which doesnt make this newbie friendly if you know what i mean.

#33 lights0123

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hello, I've been trying to get a program to monitor my MFSUs and I came across this. So I downloaded the program, rebooted the computer, and all worked fine, until I went to frame 1 and selected "Select". Then I got, "line 311: attempt to call nil". I went to line 311, and it said,
if net.isPresentRemote(unit) and method ~= "NONE" and net.callRemote(unit,method) <= maxNumber then
So I changed the "net" to peripheral, (the first one) and then I got a boottime error, same thing as before, "line 311: attempt to call nil". Any help would be appreciated.

#34 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I dont know what happend, but i would recommend using wire to connect the mfsu(s) with the computer.

#35 Micheal Pearce

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

This looks really cool I'll have to check it out when I get back from school

#36 Reggie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

I am getting an error when I attempt to start the program,

startup:257: attempt to call nil

Any ideas what is causing this, line 257 reads: var1.setZIndex(z)

Thanks in advance.

#37 apoc123

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

He would need to update his program(when and if he gets a chance) :D for the new methods in openperipherals

there is no longer a setZindex()
there are a couple of other changes also like addGradientBox()
this will work for openp build#112 and later version have small method changes probly to make easier. just need to change a few lines of code probly lol

#38 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Where can i find all these changes? Because in the original openperipheral post there is setZIndex(z) shown and available.

#39 apoc123

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

The OP is outdated there is no outof game documentation well atleast not by mikee or the team
OP is for like build 112 and before the new version have in game documents
um theres an in game program/file called docs just place a computer then place a openp bridge down next to it then navigate on computer files to cd openp/docs.

or enter lua and type/ docs back -or top right left were ever bridge is will print a list of methods or here is a list of methods on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/b4Fux1PY

there is another new vresion lol since post but ingame docs file will list everything you need just make sure you place down a bridge next to a computer first then look for the docs file

in edition that openp dk will list any method of any compatable machine, block whatever by doing the same thing. if you look in programs on this forum there are several programs last takes the info and tables from ingame documetation and puts then into a readable file alot of info comes as a table here an example program not mine :)

http://www.computerc...al-api-browser/

please update your client program its f----ng awesome :D :D :D

heres another http://pastebin.com/NmU8Wwkj

Edited by apoc123, 23 February 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#40 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

I still make the suggestion that when updating your program to do so in a manner that is backward compatible...
For example when setting the Z-index you can do the following
var.setZIndex and var.setZIndex(1) or var.setZ(1)
this will mean that in old versions it will set the Z-index using setZIndex however in the new versions it will use setZ

Edited by theoriginalbit, 24 February 2014 - 01:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users