910 replies to this topic

#41 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostTheJeremail, on 09 March 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

Happy about the update, not so much about the (failing?) process?!

Posted Image

Hmm, it's working for me, although I might be updating from a different version. Could you try zipping and uploading the files to Dropbox or something so I can test?

#42 TheJeremail

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Location(Bromley), London

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postoeed, on 09 March 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

Hmm, it's working for me, although I might be updating from a different version. Could you try zipping and uploading the files to Dropbox or something so I can test?
I will ASAP, (like, tomorrow)
EDIT:
Here's the snapshot, I trust you all not do do bad stuffs: http://files.thejere....net/System.zip

Edited by TheJeremail, 09 March 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#43 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostTheJeremail, on 09 March 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

EDIT:
Here's the snapshot, I trust you all not do do bad stuffs: http://files.thejere....net/System.zip

How many times have you tried. I've attempted it 4 times and it's worked fine. What CC version are you using?

Posted Image

Edited by oeed, 09 March 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#44 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

That's an emulator, not ComputerCraft. Emulators are notorious for exhibiting behavior that ComputerCraft does not and vice-versa.

#45 MostwantedRBX

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWell. I suppose between here and there.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

I to, have downloading issues with this os. :( I love it, from what I could see, but stuff doesn't download correctly.

#46 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostLyqyd, on 09 March 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

That's an emulator, not ComputerCraft. Emulators are notorious for exhibiting behavior that ComputerCraft does not and vice-versa.

While that is true I'm not certain that it's effecting it. I'll try it in game though.

View PostMostwantedRBX, on 09 March 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

I to, have downloading issues with this os. :(/> I love it, from what I could see, but stuff doesn't download correctly.
What error is given?

#47 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostTheJeremail, on 09 March 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

EDIT:

After testing in game I've run in to the same issue. I'll try to figure it out ASAP.

I've found, however, that when updating from the latest version (editing the .version file so it's tricked in to thinking there's a new version) it works fine.

Posted Image

Edit: I've discovered the cause. The good news is this won't happen again. The bad news is, you'll have to fresh install this time. Essentially, there isn't enough free space. The old updater download the files in to a folder called /.update, but now it just overwrites it, this will prevent it from running out of space during an update.

Posted Image

Edited by oeed, 09 March 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#48 Goof

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Bug report:

When having unlimited data storage on my computer, the startup (line 96 ) crashes by thinking "unlimited" is a number.

Reproduce:
Change your max computer storage config to 0 ( unlimited )
Boot up OneOS
The magic occours.

a Suggestion:

Make widgets. ( like analog clock ) (weather based on IP) (Status of computer, Virusses found? etc) xD

Edited by Mikk809h, 09 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#49 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Uhmm.. noticed when looking at your screenshot, Why am I credited for YCCCUP? :P

#50 gfcwfzkm

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

When i klick "run with" and select the Shell, the program doesnt start in the shell. just the shell in the basic directory and i have to navigate myself in the shell.
Would be nice if you can fix it =)

#51 MostwantedRBX

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

View Postoeed, on 09 March 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

While that is true I'm not certain that it's effecting it. I'll try it in game though.

I to, have downloading issues with this os. :(/> I love it, from what I could see, but stuff doesn't download correctly.
What error is given?

It just doesn't download correctly, even fresh installs don't. It always says download failed and to try again. I do, and sometimes it lets me in the OS but the programs in the OS crash(I assume because it didn't finish downloading). I'll try again and give you my results.

#52 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostMikk809h, on 09 March 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Bug report:

When having unlimited data storage on my computer, the startup (line 96 ) crashes by thinking "unlimited" is a number.

Reproduce:
Boot up OneOS
The magic occours.

a Suggestion:

Make widgets. ( like analog clock ) (weather based on IP) (Status of computer, Virusses found? etc) xD
Ah, haven't tried that, thanks. The thing with widgets is I'm not really sure where to put them. They could go on the desktop, but there's not much room. I'll look in to it though.

View PostHellkid98, on 09 March 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Uhmm.. noticed when looking at your screenshot, Why am I credited for YCCCUP? :P
Ah, yea in the first version (1.0.0) I epicly derped out and credited you instead of Symmetric, it's fix now though.
Posted Image

View Postgfcwfzkm, on 09 March 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

When i klick "run with" and select the Shell, the program doesnt start in the shell. just the shell in the basic directory and i have to navigate myself in the shell.
Would be nice if you can fix it =)
Ok, will do.

What are you trying to run in shell though? What can you do in shell that you can't from OneOS, I'll try to make it native?

View PostMostwantedRBX, on 09 March 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

View Postoeed, on 09 March 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

What error is given?

It just doesn't download correctly, even fresh installs don't. It always says download failed and to try again. I do, and sometimes it lets me in the OS but the programs in the OS crash(I assume because it didn't finish downloading). I'll try again and give you my results.

What version of ComputerCraft are you using, can you give a screenshot?

#53 MostwantedRBX

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Yes. I will, and I'm using the latest Tekkit(Minecraft 1.6.4) with Computer Craft 1.58, as stated in the forge modlist.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Yes. I know the screenshots are large, lol. I put them in the spoiler.

EDIT: Oh... Ok, CC forums reduces the size. I figured it'd be my resolution.

Edited by MostwantedRBX, 09 March 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#54 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostMostwantedRBX, on 09 March 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Yes. I will, and I'm using the latest Tekkit(Minecraft 1.6.4) with Computer Craft 1.58, as stated in the forge modlist.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Yes. I know the screenshots are large, lol. I put them in the spoiler.

EDIT: Oh... Ok, CC forums reduces the size. I figured it'd be my resolution.

Ok, I've added a few sleep(0) calls to hopefully prevent any too long with out yielding issues, try it again. Would you consider your computer and internet to be fast or slow?

Edited by oeed, 10 March 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#55 MostwantedRBX

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

Atm I have the fastest DSL I can get. (250 Kilobytes a second) I want to get better, though I live in the middle of nowhere, lol. I'll try again.

#56 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostMostwantedRBX, on 10 March 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

Atm I have the fastest DSL I can get. (250 Kilobytes a second) I want to get better, though I live in the middle of nowhere, lol. I'll try again.

Yea ok, if you had a really slow speed then I might say it could've been that. We'll see though.

#57 MostwantedRBX

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

Those sleeps worked like a charm! Thanks for the bugfix, the OS looks awesome. :D

#58 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

View PostMostwantedRBX, on 10 March 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

Those sleeps worked like a charm! Thanks for the bugfix, the OS looks awesome. :D

Good to hear :D

#59 Goof

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postoeed, on 09 March 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

View PostMikk809h, on 09 March 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Bug report:

Reproduce:
Boot up OneOS
The magic occours.

a Suggestion:

Ah, haven't tried that, thanks. The thing with widgets is I'm not really sure where to put them. They could go on the desktop, but there's not much room. I'll look in to it though.
Well if you can take a look at my screen setup, then you might know why i suggested that xD
Spoiler

xD

Well yeah, do what you want to... dont do it because of me. Do it because you want it :D

Oh and btw:

Whenever i enter the Programs, Documents or the Files tab, it's throwing an error:

peripheral.lua: 4: attempt to call nil
Screenie:
Spoiler

And to end this loooong response, I have another suggestion:
Make a help program and make custom programs able to use it, ( animations / nice gui stuffs? ) and make your OS even MUCH better?

:D

Thanks

Edited by Mikk809h, 10 March 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#60 skwerlman

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Just did a fresh install from ccappstore, and I keep getting
main.lua:75: attempt to index ? (a nil value)

Also, by default, appstore installs to a subdirectory, which breaks the os.

edit: the installer works fine, perhaps that should be hosted on ccappstore rather than the whole os?

Edited by skwerlman, 10 March 2014 - 05:39 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users