←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Periodic-table

InputUsername's Photo InputUsername 02 Mar 2014

Hello all. I hereby present to you this program called:

Periodic-table

(If you don't know what 'periodic table' means, shame on you! Read up on this subject on Wikipedia.)

Periodic-table is a program that gives you a simplified periodic table to use in ComputerCraft. It has a nice and simple interface. Clicking on any of the elements shows detailed information such as atomic number and name (possibly more in the future).

The main program is called 'ptable', so just run that after running the installer/updater.

Features:
  • Simple, clear interface
  • Detailed information about individual elements
  • Different colors for different kinds of elements (the different shades of a single color are for readability only).
Screenshots:

Posted Image

The interface

More screenshots

Download:
You can download the installer/updater from Pastebin:
pastebin.com/E2YqGq2G or pastebin get E2YqGq2G pt-update

You can also get the installer from Github directly:
https://github.com/InputUsername/Periodic-table

The installer will create a directory called /periodic_table. Please don't rename this folder or any files inside it. If you do, the program will not work.

Updates:
To update the program you just run pt-update.

Bugs:
Currently there are no bugs, but if you happen to find one, please report them on the Github issues page:
https://github.com/I...ic-table/issues
Edited by InputUsername, 04 March 2014 - 03:32 PM.

Felype's Photo Felype 03 Mar 2014

Wow,nice work.

deleted's Photo deleted 04 Mar 2014

I must say this is a cool program to show about the table :D +1

sci4me's Photo sci4me 06 Mar 2014

:P i have to memorize the periodic table for school. study with it? hmm..

InputUsername's Photo InputUsername 06 Mar 2014

View PostFelype, on 03 March 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Wow,nice work.

View PostEthanAG, on 04 March 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

I must say this is a cool program to show about the table :D +1
Thanks!

View Postsci4me, on 06 March 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

:P i have to memorize the periodic table for school. study with it? hmm..
Oh, that sucks... Good luck with it :)

Konlab's Photo Konlab 11 Jul 2014

Can I develop a custom version of this program/use in another programs if I add credits to you?

InputUsername's Photo InputUsername 11 Jul 2014

View PostKonlab, on 11 July 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Can I develop a custom version of this program/use in another programs if I add credits to you?

Sure.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 12 Jul 2014

How come reactive metals and transition metals aren't labeled? (And Alkali metals and Halogens if we want to get specific). Shouldn't it also have atomic mass as well as atomic number? It would also be great if the selected element was highlighted in some way (The colours were inverted or something). I like it though.

Maybe you could parse Wikipedia's content on each element on the fly and so produce all content you will ever need about each element :).

Konlab's Photo Konlab 12 Jul 2014

View PostSquidDev, on 12 July 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

How come reactive metals and transition metals aren't labeled? (And Alkali metals and Halogens if we want to get specific). Shouldn't it also have atomic mass as well as atomic number? It would also be great if the selected element was highlighted in some way (The colours were inverted or something). I like it though.

Maybe you could parse Wikipedia's content on each element on the fly and so produce all content you will ever need about each element :)/>.
What do you mean under 'not labelled'?

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 12 Jul 2014

View PostKonlab, on 12 July 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

-snip-
What do you mean under 'not labelled'?

Fine 'coloured'. Metalloids have their own colour (purple/pink) but it is much more common to distinguish between transition/reactive metals then metal/metalloids.

Konlab's Photo Konlab 12 Jul 2014

If elements were colored with s,p,d,f blocks, that would be better.

Edit: Li,Na,K,Rb,Cs,Fr,Ca,Sr,Ba,Ra ARE metals
(Be,Mg not)
Edited by Konlab, 12 July 2014 - 07:17 PM.

InputUsername's Photo InputUsername 13 Jul 2014

Maybe you could parse Wikipedia's content on each element on the fly and so produce all content you will ever need about each element :).

I'll consider updating it. The way element data is stored now is really, really inefficient (and a pain in the *** to manage :P) I have no idea why I did the strange labelling. You know what, I might just rewrite it altogether...