[CCU3] Computercraft University 3 - We Are Open!

help computer utility

148 replies to this topic

#141 Scratchthatguys

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

This server is down for me too. =/

#142 Zambonie

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSpring Hill, Fl

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Server is down.
Im trying to boot it up With multicraft, though Im just getting connection problems with the server, because of that I can't really do anything about this, Ill talk to Adam once hes online.

#143 DeltaX

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

It's dead.

#144 Lego Stax

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationThe dark depths of the web

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hopefully this server comes back online, because I'd really like to be able to learn some stuff here. :)

#145 Thecoder234

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

I would defintley want to join you guys! you look like a team of experts that could teach me how to use cc!

#146 DeltaX

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

This server is dead. It barely even started. CCU2 lived longer.

#147 Konlab

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Still down :(

#148 MKlegoman357

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Konlab, on 08 September 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Still down :(

Yes, it is still down, it probably won't come back and I think it never should. The idea of this project was to make a school, a university, where people could learn ComputerCraft and programming in Lua. This idea sounded really attractive to those who didn't know that much about CC and really wanted to learn it. But the problem is that the majority of people are, simply said, kids. I'm not trying to say that kids are too young for this for this or anything similar. The problem with kids is that they are not as attentive as CCU would like them to be. Also, it's hard for them to attend a 1 hour lecture. It's not their problem really, it's just how kids are. Also, another problem, which is not that big deal for most of the people, is different timezones, which, I think, is pretty self explanatory. If anyone would ever like to re-make this kind of project and end up being successful, I would suggest making YouTube the main way of teaching. It would solve the timezone issue right away and would also solve the inattentive student issue too.

The actual reason why CCU3 failed was only inattentive students. Teachers did came to their classes, but students didn't. It seemed like nobody knew what class was happening at what times, even though I linked the page to schedules a lot of times here. Eventually, I myself realized that I spent two moths on this and decided that I should take a break from it. After a few days, maybe a week, I came back only to see that the server was down and I wasn't able to do anything about it.

Remember that this is only my personal opinion and some will agree, some will disagree. I also think that it is completely safe to lock this topic, the server has been down for weeks now.

Spoiler

#149 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

Agreed. Sorry, folks. Unless we get a report saying this server is still up, I'm locking the topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users