←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[MC 1.7.10][CC 1.75] Peripherals++ v1.3.6,...

austinv11's Photo austinv11 06 Nov 2014

*Collective Framework is now required for this mod*

Posted Image

Peripherals++ is my attempt at porting MiscPeripherals. It contains some of my favorite peripherals from the now defunct mod, as well as including some of my own peripherals. Everything is modular, meaning that you could disable any part of the mod you dislike for whatever reason (but I know you will love all of it). The mod also preloads example scripts for each peripheral; more info located here.

This is still a very much work-in-progress and I hope to rapidly update this :)

Peripherals++ has a wiki! It'll contain everything you'll ever need to know, check it out here: http://peripheralspl...readthedocs.org

Download (latest): https://minecraft.cu...ls/files/latest
Spoiler

Dev Builds (they could be unstable, use at your own risk): https://drone.io/git...sPlusPlus/files (Dead)

Stuff Added (Info about these are available on my wiki):
Spoiler
Changelog:
Spoiler

Planned Features: All my currently planned features could be found: here

Videos:
Spoiler

License and Modpack Stuff:
Spoiler

This mod is open-source! It's on github here: https://github.com/a...pheralsPlusPlus

Credits: Dan200 (for creating CC of course), RichardG (for creating MiscPeripherals and releasing the source), TeeJay (for some of the textures and ideas), Fx (for some textures, lua scripts, Github mod and beta tester), Panda (for contributing and being a Github mod) and everyone at Pandamonium (for moral support and ideas).

*I am now accepting submissions for programs to be included with the mod*
Spoiler

Have feedback, suggestion or bug report? Post here or in the forums!
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 31 May 2018 - 03:06 AM.
Reason for edit:: Update of broken links

Kcoffee's Photo Kcoffee 08 Nov 2014

Have not had a chance to try this yet but I love that you are bringing back MiscPeripherals. Thank you.

austinv11's Photo austinv11 09 Nov 2014

View PostKcoffee, on 08 November 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Have not had a chance to try this yet but I love that you are bringing back MiscPeripherals. Thank you.

You're welcome ;)

austinv11's Photo austinv11 14 Nov 2014

Just released the v1.1.0 update! :D The next update might take a little longer than this one because I am adding something rather unique and complex ;)

acces denied's Photo acces denied 14 Nov 2014

I'm really happy about, that someone continued and maybe Improved the left work of RichardG. I hope it will be maintained for a large while, because I won't miss it.

If I permit my self, I would like to make one or two peripheral suggestions: I would love tank-read-out support or a peripheral-Block which can read and send a Redstone signal analog and binary. That would be great, what do you mean?
Edited by acces denied, 14 November 2014 - 04:49 PM.

austinv11's Photo austinv11 14 Nov 2014

Guys, just released a quick update to fix quite a few bugs. Please download it if you are using an outdated version of this mod!

austinv11's Photo austinv11 15 Nov 2014

Derp. Fixed server compatibility.

devjroc's Photo devjroc 16 Nov 2014

I just wanted to pop in to thank you for your hard work and let you know that you made my night. I will be trying this out now.

Thanks!

acces denied's Photo acces denied 16 Nov 2014

View Postacces denied, on 14 November 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

If I permit my self, I would like to make one or two peripheral suggestions: I would love tank-read-out support or a peripheral-Block which can read and send a Redstone signal analog and binary. That would be great, what do you mean?

Can It be that I'm not understandable? Possibly... But I would like to get an answer, at least a "no".
Edited by acces denied, 16 November 2014 - 10:50 AM.

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 16 Nov 2014

View Postacces denied, on 16 November 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

-snip-
Firstly, give it time. Secondly, that second suggestion is confusing, to me at least.

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 November 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Firstly, give it time. Secondly, that second suggestion is confusing, to me at least.

Sure thing and my reply wasn't that friendly, but in the mean time he wrote 2 answers. I don't really like it to be ignored, so sorry for my rudeness. Anyway I'll explain what I was thinking of:

A Block which can receive and send a analog or binary redstone signal: In other words: I can put him anywhere in the world and can emit an redstone signal 0-15 going out from this block. In the same way I can receive a RS from 0-15 which are connected to this block.

It is more or less a continued version of this mod. It isn't that important, but an answer Is the only thing I really need. (And if it is only "I'll think about")
Edited by acces denied, 16 November 2014 - 01:15 PM.

austinv11's Photo austinv11 16 Nov 2014

View Postacces denied, on 16 November 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 November 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

-snip-
-snipX2-
Sorry, I didn't really understand what you were saying so I sorta skipped over it in order to give important updates until I had time to figure out what you meant. But I'm not really sure why would would need such a block, the current Redstone API in CC supports analog I/O.

It is pretty simple why it is useful:

Now say you need a possibility to read or send a redstone signal 10 Blocks away from your Computer. You could use a second computer or maybe Project Red, but sometimes you just haven't the possibilities to do that like this or it is just to wasteful.
Even the sides of your computer can be used more effectively.

You can use this Block with normal CC-Lan cables.

It isn't that important how I said and less useful with Project Red, but not useless at all .
Edited by acces denied, 16 November 2014 - 04:49 PM.

austinv11's Photo austinv11 16 Nov 2014

Yeah, sorry, I don't really think it's needed with the current state of CC.
Edited by austinv11, 16 November 2014 - 05:27 PM.

grand_mind1's Photo grand_mind1 16 Nov 2014

View Postacces denied, on 16 November 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

-snip-

If I'm not mistaken, this exact functionality is already part of the base redstone API in CC.
http://computercraft....getAnalogInput
http://computercraft...getAnalogOutput

View Postgrand_mind1, on 16 November 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

-extreme snip-

Don't you think I wouldn't know that? -.- I don't want to be rude, but I know the API's...

Nope, It is only realizable with two or more Computer/Turtles. WAY too complicated and more than unnecessary.
Edited by acces denied, 16 November 2014 - 08:18 PM.

DeltaOperations's Photo DeltaOperations 16 Nov 2014

Hey there. austinv11 !
I really joined this forum just to say, that I really appreciate what you're doing here. It's awesome to have many of the peripherals made availible by this now not supported mod :3
Well, for this, and to make a request:
Pretty-pretty please, if you can, add the Speaker peripheral. It's sooooo cooool to be able to build a base with this level of interactivity :3 Thanks in advance and please keep on coding xP

austinv11's Photo austinv11 17 Nov 2014

View PostDeltaOperations, on 16 November 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hey there. austinv11 !
I really joined this forum just to say, that I really appreciate what you're doing here. It's awesome to have many of the peripherals made availible by this now not supported mod :3
Well, for this, and to make a request:
Pretty-pretty please, if you can, add the Speaker peripheral. It's sooooo cooool to be able to build a base with this level of interactivity :3 Thanks in advance and please keep on coding xP
Thanks! I'll add it to the to-do list, but I'm not sure how far it'll get in development since it'll require operating system dependent libraries.
Edited by austinv11, 17 November 2014 - 01:32 AM.

grand_mind1's Photo grand_mind1 17 Nov 2014

View Postacces denied, on 16 November 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

-snip-

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand.
So rather than using a computer to read and output analog redstone signals, you would like a peripheral that does the same job?

acces denied's Photo acces denied 17 Nov 2014

View Postgrand_mind1, on 17 November 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

-what ever snip is, it is snip-

Okay, here again: You know how LAN-cabels work, right? Here have a look at this. You can use ONE block to send and recieve Redstone signals without big programming effort.
rb = peripheral.wrap("redstoneemitter_0")
rb.setRedstone("right",0)
rb.setRedstone("left",12)
rb.setRedstone("front",true)
rb.getRedstone("left") --Output: 12

Maybe combinable with ProjectRed Bundled Cables and yes, I know that CC1.64/1.65 has ProjectRed support.

----

View Postaustinv11, on 16 November 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Yeah, sorry, I don't really think it's needed with the current state of CC.

Thanks anyway for you answer. How I said: I really like your work, I hope it continues.
Edited by acces denied, 17 November 2014 - 02:37 PM.