←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Krist - Minable currency that works across...

CrazedProgrammer's Photo CrazedProgrammer 27 Aug 2016

 PokeAcer, on 26 August 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Wait, Krist is harder to mine now? AWESOME I OWN SO MUCH /s
It's not?
After Apemanzilla made his GPU miner the work value got so low that the entire work algorithm had to be remade.
That was months ago.
It's okay now:
Posted Image
(AMD Radeon HD7770)
Edited by CrazedProgrammer, 27 August 2016 - 10:36 AM.
Quote

ebernerd's Photo ebernerd 04 Sep 2016

I can't run the wallet installer. It errors on line 4 of that pastebin link.
Quote

CrazedProgrammer's Photo CrazedProgrammer 04 Sep 2016

 CompuTech, on 04 September 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

I can't run the wallet installer. It errors on line 4 of that pastebin link.
Are you sure you have http whitelisted?
Quote

ebernerd's Photo ebernerd 04 Sep 2016

 CrazedProgrammer, on 04 September 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

 CompuTech, on 04 September 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

I can't run the wallet installer. It errors on line 4 of that pastebin link.
Are you sure you have http whitelisted?

Yes. It happens on the SwitchCraft server, and on emulators. I've had it happen offline too.
Quote

Lignum's Photo Lignum 04 Sep 2016

 CompuTech, on 04 September 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes. It happens on the SwitchCraft server, and on emulators. I've had it happen offline too.

ComputerCraft tends to have trouble with HTTPS. Try going on line 4 of the installer and changing it to:

local server = http.get("http://raw.githubusercontent.com/BTCTaras/kristwallet/master/staticapi/syncNode").readAll()

Alternatively, just change it to:

local server = "http://krist.ceriat.net/"

to avoid the problem altogether.
Edited by Lignum, 04 September 2016 - 09:17 PM.
Quote

ebernerd's Photo ebernerd 05 Sep 2016

 Lignum, on 04 September 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

 CompuTech, on 04 September 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes. It happens on the SwitchCraft server, and on emulators. I've had it happen offline too.

ComputerCraft tends to have trouble with HTTPS. Try going on line 4 of the installer and changing it to:

local server = http.get("http://raw.githubusercontent.com/BTCTaras/kristwallet/master/staticapi/syncNode").readAll()

Alternatively, just change it to:

local server = "http://krist.ceriat.net/"

to avoid the problem altogether.
Thanks!
Quote

COOLGAMETUBE's Photo COOLGAMETUBE 05 Sep 2016

Posted Image
Quote

COOLGAMETUBE's Photo COOLGAMETUBE 05 Sep 2016

nvm, got it
Quote

boyscout415's Photo boyscout415 07 Sep 2016

Krist should be mined by in game computers, or at least for that server.
Quote

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 08 Sep 2016

 boyscout415, on 07 September 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Krist should be mined by in game computers, or at least for that server.

It used to then people found out how to get it much faster (What we use now)
Quote

H4X0RZ's Photo H4X0RZ 08 Sep 2016

 TheRockettek, on 08 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

 boyscout415, on 07 September 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Krist should be mined by in game computers, or at least for that server.

It used to then people found out how to get it much faster (What we use now)

Imagine someone would've used a GPU miner in the "old cc-miner" days... That would be an extreme amount of kst you would've earned... XD
Quote

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 09 Sep 2016

 H4X0RZ, on 08 September 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

 TheRockettek, on 08 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

 boyscout415, on 07 September 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Krist should be mined by in game computers, or at least for that server.

It used to then people found out how to get it much faster (What we use now)

Imagine someone would've used a GPU miner in the "old cc-miner" days... That would be an extreme amount of kst you would've earned... XD

When I fired up the first working version of my GPU miner, I was literally mining blocks as fast as it could fetch the new work values. If I had made it a year prior, it would have been approximately the same effect.
Quote

CrazedProgrammer's Photo CrazedProgrammer 16 Sep 2016

Posted Image
My MSI RX480 Gaming X 8GB arrived today :D
Quote

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 17 Sep 2016

:/ I cant even mine and someone stole all my krist.

Again

:3 I wonder if theres a miner for android...
Quote

Anavrins's Photo Anavrins 17 Sep 2016

 TheRockettek, on 17 September 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

:3 I wonder if theres a miner for android...
In theory yes, since android has a JVM, if you can access the CLI somehow, you should be able to run a Java cpu miner.
That is, if you really don't care about your battery life.
Edited by Anavrins, 17 September 2016 - 02:51 PM.
Quote

Luca_S's Photo Luca_S 17 Sep 2016

 CrazedProgrammer, on 16 September 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Posted Image
My MSI RX480 Gaming X 8GB arrived today :D
I hate you. So much.

 TheRockettek, on 17 September 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

:/ I cant even mine and someone stole all my krist.

Again
Use a stronger password. (Also you didn't reuse the password from the last time someone stole your krist again, did you?)
Quote

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 18 Sep 2016

Would be good if any of the java emulators i found actually worked..
Quote

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 18 Sep 2016

 Anavrins, on 17 September 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

In theory yes, since android has a JVM, if you can access the CLI somehow, you should be able to run a Java cpu miner.

Sort of. It uses a VM called Dalvik, which doesn't handle class or jars directly; instead they have to be bundled up into dex files. These in turn are the executables within the APKs you'll typically download from eg the Google Play Store.

Checking the Terminal app on my phone it doesn't look like a regular "java" command is available, though apparently Terminal IDE offers one:

https://play.google....rtacuside&hl=en

 TheRockettek, on 18 September 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Would be good if any of the java emulators i found actually worked..

Just to be clear, you're not looking for a Java "emulator". Android runs on Unix (same as iOS and who knows what else). You don't need to "simulate" Java.
Quote

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 18 Sep 2016

The only way left is making my own in python... I was gonna try 1lann`s miner using its source code but couldnt get golang to work :/ Time to make my own...

I shouldnt of said android, its a kindle. ;) (But kinda has android)

What am i looking for then d:

I was gonna get something that was like terminal ide but.... I cant download from googpe play.

Oh thank god, my mirror app market has it. (The amazon one is very bad, you will find nothing there. Not even clash o clans :_( )

:3 I got e terminal ide thingy but i cant run the .jar files coz its asling for a class path... I dunt know this stuff! I need a compooter.....

Whats the class path for your turbokrist think. It wants a class path...
Quote

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 18 Sep 2016

 Bomb Bloke, on 18 September 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

 Anavrins, on 17 September 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

In theory yes, since android has a JVM, if you can access the CLI somehow, you should be able to run a Java cpu miner.

Sort of. It uses a VM called Dalvik, which doesn't handle class or jars directly; instead they have to be bundled up into dex files. These in turn are the executables within the APKs you'll typically download from eg the Google Play Store.

Checking the Terminal app on my phone it doesn't look like a regular "java" command is available, though apparently Terminal IDE offers one:

https://play.google....rtacuside&hl=en

 TheRockettek, on 18 September 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Would be good if any of the java emulators i found actually worked..

Just to be clear, you're not looking for a Java "emulator". Android runs on Unix (same as iOS and who knows what else). You don't need to "simulate" Java.

It's not that simple. Java runs a highly specialized version of Java that doesn't even use the same bytecode as the standard JVM. You would have to modify and recompile the code specifically for Android and then package it as an APK just to get it running. Even if you do do that you're going to get pitiful speeds in the <2 MH/s range, compared to 1 GH/s+ on desktop GPU-based mining.
Quote