←  Beta Testing

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

ComputerCraft 1.76 Beta Information (Minec...

dan200's Photo dan200 09 Dec 2015

Hey everyone, Welcome to the Beta Testing thread for the first version of ComputerCraft for Minecraft 1.8!
This port has been a lot of work, so will require quite extensive testing before the final release. Please test every feature you can think of, and file bug reports for every bug that you find. I'm trying out using GitHub for bug reports this time around, see below for more info.

Download

The latest beta version is 1.76pr9: http://minecraft.cur...272177/download
It requires Minecraft version 1.8 and an appropriate version of Minecraft Forge
NOTE: ComputerCraft 1.76 has now been released! http://www.computerc...utercraft-1-76/

Changelog
  • Ported to Minecraft 1.8
  • Added Long Range Modems
  • Fixed handling of 8-bit characters. All the characters in the ISO 8859-1 codepage can now be displayed.
  • Added some extra graphical characters in the unused character positions.
  • Added support for the new commands in Minecraft 1.8 to the Command Computer
  • The return values of turtle.inspect() and commands.getBlockInfo() now include blockstate information
  • Added commands.getBlockInfos() function for Command Computers
  • Added new "peripherals" program
  • Replaced the "_CC_VERSION" and "_MC_VERSION" constants with a new "_HOST" constant.
  • Shortened the length of time that "Ctrl+T", "Ctrl+S" and "Ctrl+R" must be held down for to terminate, shutdown and reboot the computer.
  • textutils.serialiseJSON() now takes an optional parameter allowing it to produce JSON text with unquoted object keys. This is used by all autogenerated methods in the "commands" api except for "title" and "tellraw".
  • Fixed many bugs
Bug Reports

For this round of ComputerCraft Beta Testing, I'm trying out using GitHub for bug reports. If you find a bug, please visit https://github.com/d...terCraft/issues to report it.

As always, please include screenshots or crash logs with your report if applicable, and please clearly state in the title of the report the version of ComputerCraft you found the bug in. All bugs are valid to report, including ones already present in previous versions of ComputerCraft. If the use of GitHub for bug reports goes well, I may switch all ComputerCraft bug reporting to this system in the future.

Special Thanks

Porting ComputerCraft from Minecraft 1.7.10 to Minecraft 1.8 was a huge task, requiring approximately 120 manhours of work, fixing 1,736 compile errors, and completely rewriting large portions of the code. This time investment would not have been possible without the financial support of two generous sponsors:
  • Minecraft U (http://www.minecraftu.org)
    Minecraft U teaches problem solving and programming techniques in a safe, encouraging ecosystem centered around Minecraft.
  • Deep Space (http://www.deepspace.me/space-cadets)
    Deep Space has been turning kids into coders with ComputerCraft for years. They're taking their teaching beyond the classroom by building online education for people that love Minecraft, programming, Arduino, robotics, IoT and more.
If you're at all interested in programming education, check out both their sites. They're both doing great work using ComputerCraft.

Happy testing!

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 09 Dec 2015

First thing. Great thanks from me and mine friends to both Minecraft U (http://www.minecraftu.org) and Deep Space (http://www.deepspace.me/space-cadets) for sponsoring the port to 1.8 and to dan200 himself for all the work he did and will do on it.

Second is more of question. When reporting issues if they are small (like 3 different lua side 1 line change fix type of errors per example.) Are we supposed to make 3 issues or can just put them in one?
Edited by wojbie, 09 December 2015 - 05:08 PM.

View Postwojbie, on 09 December 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Second is more of question. When reporting issues if they are small (like 3 different lua side i line change fix type of errors per example.) Are we supposed to make 3 issues or can just put them in one?

Use your best judgement. If they're related then feel free to combine them. The important thing is they get reported!

Also kinda weird request from me to kind-hearted people hosting minecraft servers. IT would be great if someone hosted server with latest version of this beta. Because some bugs only show itself in multiplayer and having people on same server would increase chances or bug detection and reporting?

Sidenote: Computers have "blinking" state ;D
Edited by Wojbie, 09 December 2015 - 05:37 PM.

MKlegoman357's Photo MKlegoman357 09 Dec 2015

Here's the Lua-side changes of this update from CC 1.74 (not CC 1.75). There's not much changes probably because it's mainly a port to MC 1.8, so lets get into finding all the bugs!

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 09 Dec 2015

Just started the process of upgrading CCTweaks - I'm expecting lots of bugs.

Changes I've noticed
I noticed I can return a model from turtle upgrades now which is pretty awesome! I did not that Minecraft's IModel is deprecated - Forge suggests using their own net.minecraftforge.client.model.IModel.

Turtle upgrades also use strings rather than IDs so no more worrying about ID conflicts!

This is looking pretty nice though!

View PostWojbie, on 09 December 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

Also kinda weird request from me to kind-hearted people hosting minecraft servers. IT would be great if someone hosted server with latest version of this beta. Because some bugs only show itself in multiplayer and having people on same server would increase chances or bug detection and reporting?

I second this request!

And speaking of new versions.
Remember how in last one you allowed turtles pushing stuff then disabled pushing up for movement locking reasons?
I tested the pushing in 1.8 and it seems more fluid now. Could you re-enable pushing up in beta version? To test if its workable now?

Creeper9207's Photo Creeper9207 09 Dec 2015

does it only work with java 7?

I'm making a server, hopefully i can have it up soon

columna1's Photo columna1 09 Dec 2015

View Postdan200, on 09 December 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I second this request!
I will set one up but there seems to be a bug that causes a crash ATM

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 10 Dec 2015

View PostWojbie, on 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Remember how in last one you allowed turtles pushing stuff then disabled pushing up for movement locking reasons?
I tested the pushing in 1.8 and it seems more fluid now. Could you re-enable pushing up in beta version? To test if its workable now?

Can you no longer enable it yourself? At least under 1.74/1.75, I thought that was handled by "turtlesCanPush" in ComputerCraft.cfg.
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 10 December 2015 - 01:53 AM.

Creeper9207's Photo Creeper9207 10 Dec 2015

View Postcolumna1, on 09 December 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

View Postdan200, on 09 December 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I second this request!
I will set one up but there seems to be a bug that causes a crash ATM
It just requires the absolute latest forge

columna1's Photo columna1 10 Dec 2015

View PostCreeper9207, on 10 December 2015 - 01:50 AM, said:

It just requires the absolute latest forge
I tried that, I tried it with both stable and latest forge

dan200's Photo dan200 10 Dec 2015

View PostCreeper9207, on 10 December 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

I have the first bug to report! in multiplayer no items show up in the creative inventory tab for CC

Please read the whole post. Bug reports must be posted to github and contain enough detail to reproduce.

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 10 Dec 2015

View PostBomb Bloke, on 10 December 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

View PostWojbie, on 09 December 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Can you no longer enable it yourself? At least under 1.74/1.75, I thought that was handled by "turtlesCanPush" in ComputerCraft.cfg.

Wait? I was talking about pushing up. Not sideways. Up pushing was in old beta but was removed. Our so I thought. Are you telling me you can switch pushing up on? Hmm I will need to test that tomorrow. My memories may be wrong. In either way 1.8 seems to push more smoothly now. That's why I am bringing it up.

EDIT: Ok tested that. "turtlesCanPush" is only for sideways pushing. Pushing upwards is separate thing and only dan200 can unlock it, Soo.. pretty please with a sugar on top?
Edited by Wojbie, 10 December 2015 - 09:36 AM.

Hey all,
Thanks for all the bug reports so far. I've fixed everything reported and uploaded a new version, with a bonus extra feature :) This should work on servers now.

Keep on testing!

Fixed another bug. Now at 1.76pr2

martmists's Photo martmists 10 Dec 2015

Download seems to be down or link is incorrect.

EDIT:
correct link seems to be http://minecraft.cur...270160/download
Edited by martmists, 10 December 2015 - 02:58 PM.

Creeper9207's Photo Creeper9207 10 Dec 2015

I made a server at 167.114.101.146:25970 using pr2, there is a command block at spawn, push it's button to obtain creative
Edited by Creeper9207, 10 December 2015 - 03:07 PM.