[1.4] Support for pasting in multiple lines of code

3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowHunter12

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I have been using some of the same computer craft programs on different servers. And each time I want to transfer one between servers, the process required is too time consuming and unnessecairly complicated. I usually have to use a complicated technique to paste in 1 line at a time, or rewrite the whole program on a new computer. I was thinking of a few solutions to this: 1. add a paste option on the save and exit menu. 2. make the key that opens the save/exit dialog on the program menu configurable.
Along with that, I would like to see the computer be able to handle multi line paste insertions instead of only putting in the first line minus its last character. If you could do this it would make program transfer a world easier on multiplayer servers.

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

You could easily use the HTTP API and the pastebin program to download and upload files.

#3 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

I plan to address client/server file transfers in a future update.

#4 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yes HTTP is very useful. On our server, we made FTP server and little program that automatically uploads script onto server and then enters download commands into turtle. We program everything on notepad++ (much easier than ingame) and then transfer everything in several seconds. Works great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users